Cake Size.??

Decorating By catin Updated 16 Aug 2014 , 7:11pm by Rfisher

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 16 Aug 2014 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 5

AI have a wedding coming up and I am struggling with the size of cake. The bride gave me full rein on this, so that's why I'm confused. The cake is a non traditional wedding, as it will be a pine tree stump. It will be only for the cake cutting and for the married couple to consume. I was thinking about 8 " round but as it is only for the married couple... 6 inch round...???? :-S

4 replies
Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 16 Aug 2014 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 5

AShould not the bride's budget dictate some of this? I understand you stated you have full rein, but either you are going to utilize her budget for more cake or on more detailed decorations. Although if a 6" cake would look odd for the pictures if the wedding couple are over 6' tall and built like brick houses.......you should clarify and get more direction. Very rarely when one is told to do what ever they want, the paying recipient is fine with whatever....does it come true.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Aug 2014 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 5

Ayou have to err on the side of the sculpture as to size -- an 8" is not too big for them nor for the trunk -- you just want to have the right proportion -- go with a 7 :)

but seriously I think an 8 that's carved a bit smaller at the top with rooty looking icing coming out the bottom would be perfect -- also I'd probably be generous with the height too

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 16 Aug 2014 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 5

AThank you so much K8memphis. I was leaning towards the same idea. As I stated I was confused. As for Richer thank you for your input. The bride is my sister therefore, I want it to be perfect for her. :-)

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 16 Aug 2014 , 7:11pm
post #5 of 5

AAh! A labor of love. Totally different rules then! Go all out, no hold barred. Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%