wmartz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wmartz Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 12:30am
post #1 of 8

Just wondering how to make edible glue?

7 replies
jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 1:36am
post #2 of 8

AThere are two ways wmartz. 1. Take a small bottle with a tight fitting lid. Fill bottle 3/4 full with clear alcohol, rum, vodka. Add about a heaping tablespoon of ready made or homemade gumpaste. Shake bottle well. Let sit overnight. The gumpaste will break down. It should be soupy, not too thick. If it's too thick, just a touch more alcohol.

2. Same as above except add 2 heaping tsp of tylose powder to the alcohol and shake. You won't have to wait overnight to use. Approx 1/2-1 hour for tylose to thicken. As above, if too thick add more alcohol. Too thin add a touch more tylose. Hopes this helps

Stacy49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stacy49 Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 1:43am
post #3 of 8

I use 1/4 cup warm water and 1/4 tsp. Tylose powder shake and let thicken.

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 1:53am
post #4 of 8

AI tried water and tylose and I found it became to gummy. So I went back to alcohol. With the alcohol, it lasts a long time. Alcohol also keeps it sterile so mould won't grow. Made with water, you would have to refrigerate.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 3:24am
post #5 of 8

I also use a mixture of tylose and water - I just put a bit of tylose in a container and add water a little at a time until I have the consistency I want. This way you just make up a little at a time.

virago Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wmartz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wmartz Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 2:18pm
post #7 of 8

thanks so much for all your responses! Do you get your tylose powder online? I haven't seen it at Michaels or a.c.moore

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 10:15pm
post #8 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmartz 

thanks so much for all your responses! Do you get your tylose powder online? I haven't seen it at Michaels or a.c.moore

I am in Australia - our local cake supply store sells it in 20 gram bags.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%