Real Copyright And Trademark Attorneys To Advise About Cake Designs.

Business By AZCouture Updated 14 Aug 2014 , 1:29am by KellyKSD

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 7

AFinally, we'll get the real deal legal advice regarding what the rules are when it comes to creating character and other cakes with protected images, logos, etc. It's quite a confusing topic for some, and plenty of rumors are out there, so here's your chance to hear live, via interactive web broadcast, what the real deal is. I'm pretty excited for this, hope to see many familiar names logged in that day. Link takes you to the store where you can sign up, and after payment, you'll receive another link you can save to log in to when the day comes. It will be recorded and you can refer back to it whenever you want. Mimi of Mimi's Mocha Treats has arranged this with a copyright and trademark attorney in New York. Should be very informative!

[URL=http://mimismochatreats.ecwid.com/?%7E%7Emode=product&%7E%7Eid=38797569#!/~/product/category=10004109&id=39546932]http://mimismochatreats.ecwid.com/?%7E%7Emode=product&%7E%7Eid=38797569#!/~/product/category=10004109&id=39546932[/URL]

6 replies
KellyKSD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyKSD Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 7:07am
post #2 of 7

Pardon my technologically challenged mind......does this mean you can access it later and watch it even if you can't do so live on the day? I don't see the date/time this will be broadcast, but it seems like very valuable info for $15.00, so I definitely want to pay for it. Just want to make sure I will actually be able to get the info.

SunshineCarbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SunshineCarbs Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 7

Heavens. I was just popping in to see if anyone had anything to say about the legality of using characters and logos (this week I was asked to do Angry Birds cookies and a cake with the logo of the MIT Engineers, their football team), and here is this.

It won't help for current work (though fortunately those jobs are past, and my next job is for a little girl who wants a mermaid, and 'red haired' is enough for her), but this is a great opportunity. Thanks!

AZCouture Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 7

A[@]KellyKSD[/@], yep, it's yours to keep, forever. They'll record it while we're all on the live broadcast, and the recorded presentation will be ours to refer back to whenever we want. :)

I don't think I saw a date either...hmmmm. I'll check on that and get back pronto.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 13 Aug 2014 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 7

The date on the link says :

Sunday, October 5th, 2014.

6:30PM - 7:30PM EST

AZCouture Posted 14 Aug 2014 , 12:27am
post #6 of 7

Thanks J!

KellyKSD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyKSD Posted 14 Aug 2014 , 1:29am