Transporting An Upside Down Hanging Chandelier Cake

Decorating By cakequeen50 Updated 24 Nov 2014 , 9:01am by vonscakes87

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 10 Aug 2014 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 5

ok, I have the hanging system, I have the total understanding of the support system, I just don't know how to transport it? I am guessing that it needs to be assembled on site? I watched the video of the cake stackers system, however,how do you grasp and tighten the screws when there is cake in the way?

I am making a display for a show next weekend and I can fake it thru a dummy cake, but I don't want to display something that I can't create.
help?

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Aug 2014 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 5

i'm not exactly familiar with this stand but i am going to venture a guess since there's been no answer for you-- it will rest on it's bottom tier -- yes? attach a foam core board larger than the largest tier to the bottom board -- might as well leave it square so it will fit into the box perfectly -- use a corrugated cardboard box and in fact you could use two square foamcore boards -- one at the top and one at the bottom to insure stability in transport --

then remove the foam cores for display--

but if you are assembling on site then just transport one by one 

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 27 Aug 2014 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 5

thank you, I appreciate the help!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Aug 2014 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 5

so there has to be some kind of screw on the bottom to hold everything together? could you just insert the foamboard in there because all you have to do is keep it steady as you deliver right? so if the foamcore is the same size as the box-- would that work?

vonscakes87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonscakes87 Posted 24 Nov 2014 , 9:01am
post #5 of 5

did you figure out how to transport the cake?thinking of doing this for someone but not if i cant figure out how to transport!!lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%