Has Anyone Sucessfully Frozen A Decorated Butter Cream Sheet Cake With Strawberry Sleeve Filling?

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 9 Aug 2014 , 9:32pm by -K8memphis

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 9:16am
post #1 of 4

This last minute wedding cake for my friend is worrying me because I couldn't take any time off of work to devote one entire day to decorating the cakes. I would like to bake fill and frost the sheet cakes and freeze them and thaw the day before the wedding so I can concentrate on the main cake before work on Friday. I'm not worried so much about the sheet cake that will have butter cream for a filling just the chocolate sheet cake with the sleeved strawberry filling. The cakes are just kitchen cakes so they will be frosted in white butter cream with no borders. The bride wants plain cakes. If I place them in a cake box and wrap the box well with plastic wrap and foil do you think the filling will be okay? Thank you

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 11:51am
post #2 of 4

Ayes the filling should be ok -- but you wanna defrost gradually -- go from freezer to fridge to room temp --

best to you

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much k8memphis for all of your help. I was planning to thaw the cakes in the fridge the day before the wedding.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 4

should be perfect-- best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%