Friday Night Cake Club For 8/8/14

Decorating By catlharper Updated 11 Aug 2014 , 10:33pm by Krypto

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 4:17am
post #1 of 15

Hi everyone!

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!

Apologies for being late...we were celebrating in downtown Monterey tonight and it pushed a bit later than we had planned!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Cat

14 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 6:00am
post #2 of 15

A[IMG ALT=""]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3274027/width/350/height/700[/IMG] Hi Cat. It's been a pretty standard week. I've been REALLY enjoying the break from wedding cakes..I start up again last week of August and no week off until November! It's gonna be a challenge. I had 3 cakes this weekend. Don't have pictures of them all...but I do have a progress pic from my FIRST ever carved cake!! I had been avoiding these like the plague and it wasn't so bad

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 15

Here are my two cakes for this weekend!

I made a wedding cake with ombre purple roses :)

And a sports themed birthday cakes, all logos made with gum paste:

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 1:22pm
post #4 of 15

AFirst cake post here on FNCC! Not a busy week for me making cake ( I rarely have busy week as I'm a friends-and-family baker...) I made this cake for my father's birthday. He's not a big sugar / desert fanatic. This cake was light and fresh, exactly the kind of cake that pleases him.

Laetia Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 15

Ahttp://www.cakecentral.com/g/i/3274091/a/3500619/very-simple-fruit-cake-ive-made-for-my-fathers-birthday/

Oops! picture did'nt work. Here's the link. Can't find how to edit my first post, or to attach the picture to it. :(

Nice cake SweetShop5! My boyfriend would love your Montreal Habs cake

Laetia Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 2:16pm
post #6 of 15

A[IMG ALT="Very simple fruit cake I've made for my father's birthday."]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3274091/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Sorry for the three posts in a row. I think I found how to attach the picture... But not how to edit my post to attaching it!

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 2:59pm
post #7 of 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laetia 

http://www.cakecentral.com/g/i/3274091/a/3500619/very-simple-fruit-cake-ive-made-for-my-fathers-birthday/

Oops! picture did'nt work. Here's the link.
Can't find how to edit my first post, or to attach the picture to it. icon_sad.gif

Nice cake SweetShop5! My boyfriend would love your Montreal Habs cake

Thank you! Your fruit cake looks absolutely delicious!

anaelisabethlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anaelisabethlee Posted 9 Aug 2014 , 4:00pm
post #8 of 15

AYum @Laetia!

autumnwind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
autumnwind Posted 10 Aug 2014 , 3:45am
post #9 of 15

Love the purple roses, SweetShop5!  and the fruit topped cake looks yummy, Laetia! I've never done anything with fresh fruit.

Retirement cake .... plans to fix a creek rock retaining wall in his back yard & dive back In to his love of music. Buttercream covered, sugared dates used for retaining wall, gum paste painted guitar.

Buttercream. Retirement plans of fixing a creek rock retaining wall and diving back into music. Sugared dates to create the wall, gum paste guitar.

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 10 Aug 2014 , 11:20am
post #10 of 15

Blue peony and lace

Cakes for this week. Enjoyed making some new gumpaste Flowers

Laetia Posted 10 Aug 2014 , 11:54am
post #11 of 15

A@morganchampagne Is this your final "5" cake I've seen in the new gallery? Nicely done. I love it.

@Rosie93095. Very beautifut, I love your flowers, the yellow one especially, and the white on white details is so elegant!

@autumnwind. You did a great job "joining" the project and passion of this lucky person. I always find it difficult to do a coherent cake with such different theme! BTW my cake is not only topped with fresh fruits, it is also tort and fill with a light pastry cream and some more fresh fruits. Traditionally it is done with an angel's food cake (I hate those things...) but I've used my yellow cake receipe. You should give it a try one day!

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 10 Aug 2014 , 4:09pm
post #12 of 15

A[@]Laetia[/@] yes it is!!! Thank you!!

cara1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cara1982 Posted 11 Aug 2014 , 12:30pm
post #13 of 15

A[IMG ALT=""]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3274789/width/350/height/700[/IMG] I've just been doing my sisters wedding cake this week. I'm so glad the pressure is off now!

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Posted 11 Aug 2014 , 10:33pm
post #15 of 15

ANicely done, cara1982! Very impressive.:D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%