Last Minute Deadline Change.

Lounge By FlRugbyChick Updated 28 Jul 2014 , 2:19pm by FlRugbyChick

FlRugbyChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlRugbyChick Posted 27 Jul 2014 , 2:00am
post #1 of 5

ASo for the last week I have been talking to a customer about a cake that I thought she wanted on Friday. She tells me today she needs it on Monday. Now I have to spend all day tomorrow on it. Part of my problem is my small number of cake pans. Baking alone is gonna take 2 1/2 hrs. I guess that's what you have to deal with when you're new with minimal supplies.

4 replies
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 27 Jul 2014 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 5

AAre you asking a question or just venting? That sounds like a really rude question but I don't want to give you advice if your venting.

Anyway, I highly reccomend getting everything in writing. I have a contract for all my orders, this protects you & your customer (at the very least some sort of invoice is a good idea).

You can also bake ahead, wrap and freeze/refrigerate. For example, I will do all my weekly baking on the same day (or two depending on my schedule).

You really have to be organized, especially if you work alone! There's a lot more paperwork, inventory, etc. then most people would think-it's not just decorating and being creative.

FlRugbyChick Posted 27 Jul 2014 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 5

AIt was a little of both I guess. I'm sorry I sounded rude, I didn't mean to. I think I will try a contract. How far in advance do you take orders? I was thinking a week, but now it seems a little short. Ty for the tips.

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 28 Jul 2014 , 12:15am
post #4 of 5

AI don't think Smckinney07 meant that your question was rude, i think she was refering to her own question about whether you were venting or asking for advice :) that her question might come off as rude (which isn't)...

I know how you feel, i have limited pans :( i don't even have square pans yet! Lol.. Because you have to buy two sets each to save baking time. But pans are expensive and i am waiting to go to the states because here in Canada they don't sell Fat Diddios or Magic Line. All Wilton :( and i've heard great reviews here about those brands! So i wanna try!

Anyway, that means baking for multiple orders is almost a whole day event for me.. Sigh :(

FlRugbyChick Posted 28 Jul 2014 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 5

AFor each cake I bake I buy 1 more tool. Thursday night I have to start Baking for my daughter's cake. In a perfect world I would have two ovens and all the pans.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%