Hooray For Supportive Hubbies/wives/significant Others!!

Lounge By mattyeatscakes Updated 15 Jul 2014 , 5:02pm by mattyeatscakes

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 11:16pm
post #1 of 10

AI came across this article, it's brilliant! As cakers, we know full well the ups and downs that we go through for our passion.

But what about our dear husbands, wives or significant others? What's going through their minds when we wake them up screaming for them to buy more powdered sugar? Or breakdown when the cake broke into a gazillion pieces? Or when that fondant figure's left arm just won't stay glued on??

You gotta read this! I can see my own husband in this article :) lol cheers to our love ones who are so patient with our craziness! You deserve cake!

http://www.cakefu.com/cake-spouses-unite/

9 replies
Rohini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rohini Posted 10 Jul 2014 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 10

Love it and thanks for sharing! Just showed it to my husband :)

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 10 Jul 2014 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 10

AThanks for posting, I see my hubby in this article and really had a good laugh! Last week with no power in the house due to storms and tornadoes last Monday, it was my husband, daughter, sister, her husband and two nieces who helped with a 6 tiered wedding cake for another niece who lives in Wisconsin. I thought I would lose my mind last week, I was called Sargent that weekend Brahahahahahah! Pam , Very Grateful to them!

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 11 Jul 2014 , 5:36am
post #4 of 10

Haha - I only make cakes for a hobby but my poor husband has on occasion had to deal with me carrying on like a pork chop and had to help me sort out whatever problem I am having.....

like the time he swore that the supports I had for my daughters castle cake would be strong enough despite me thinking the opposite then him realising the night before when I had him pick up the cake and feel the weight of the cake (he is a welder/engineer so I reluctantly took his word that the struts would hold the weight). Funny enough his tune changed and he was racing round like a crazy person trying to help me solve that one lol.

Or with my Grandmas 'coffee pot' cake where the rotten spout kept falling off, lesson learnt, don't try to attach heavy fondant to Styrofoam unless you have an amazing support system, so the morning of my Grandma's birthday we nutted it out and got the problem solved together (with only a minimum of sulking and arguing lol)

My hubby is extremely tolerant and supportive and I am very lucky for that :-) 

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 11 Jul 2014 , 8:15am
post #5 of 10

He forgot to give the most important piece of advice for cake loved ones....Know when to hide or leave home for a few hours.

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 11 Jul 2014 , 10:24am
post #6 of 10

My husband is great with my caking too :-)

When I was making the wedding cake for my friends, just as we were preparing the car to transport the cake, I knocked something over onto the cake and gave a little scream.  The cake was fine, but my poor husband pulled a muscle in his back he raced into the house so quickly!  But he still carried the heavy cake into the venue and helped me set it up.  True devotion!

Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 11 Jul 2014 , 1:27pm
post #7 of 10

Brilliant.  I will be showing my fiance when he gets home :-)  He honestly has the patience of a saint...aside from all of the things I can't do in the evenings/weekends because of 'caking', he puts up with my cake 'stuff' slowly encroaching no pretty much every part of our little house...and me completely destroying the kitchen after he has just spent ages tidying up and removing the ganache from the ceiling (yes, it happened once although I am still not entirely sure how).  Then there is the physical muscle he provides when i need to move and deliver a 4/5 tier cake.  Big hugs to all caking others! xx

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 11 Jul 2014 , 6:34pm
post #8 of 10

AMy DH is also my biggest fan, always showing off my pics on his phone. I've only done 2 big cakes in the last year, so I'm pretty much out of it, but it doesn't slow him down.

Cakes By Alie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes By Alie Posted 14 Jul 2014 , 12:42am
post #9 of 10

Hahaha I loved this! My Husband made GP hydrangeas this weekend! We turned out 20 blosoms in 1 hr!!!!! Yay for Cake Husbands!!!!!!!

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 15 Jul 2014 , 5:02pm
post #10 of 10

AWow for those with DH that actually help with the decorating, good for you!! My DH's idea of being supportive is to make sure he and the kids are not in the way! Lol.. Which i very much appreciate :) he tried kneading fondant and tinting it, he didn't like how the fondant was "not soft" and how the gel color "stained his hands". God bless him, i have a drama queen hubby ;) lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%