Help What Colour Wonder Woman

Decorating By suzied Updated 12 Jul 2014 , 8:43am by AZCouture

suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 5:10am
post #1 of 12

Please help me!, I need to make a spiderman,batman n wonder woman  3tier cake. is the colour of wonder woman  redish orange OR is it the same colour a spiderman? need to go to the shops to buy fondant. TIA

11 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 7:08am
post #2 of 12

AYou have looked at pictures, right? Like multiple pictures? Online? And you know that you can color fondant to get exact shades, you don't have to rely on what you can buy at the store?

suzied Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 7:17am
post #3 of 12

Thanks for your reply AZC. my question is, are Spiderman and wonder woman  the same shade of red  Colour. I have looked at lots of pics. I am wondering whether w.woman has a slightly different shade of red.. TIA.  my cake is going to be red, gray,red 3tiers

Ellie Sunshine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie Sunshine Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 7:29am
post #4 of 12

I was confused by your question but your response to AZ makes a bit more sense to me now. 

I suppose it's open to interpretation. I just looked online at both characters and to me they look the same. If you really wanted to have them slightly different so all 3 tiers were different colours then that's entirely up to you though. 

Wonder woman also has the gold and blue so you could add those colours in too to break the red up a bit..

suzied Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 8:33am
post #5 of 12

Thanks Sunshine. ok only now I understood why it was so confusing.... I thought that batman cakes covered in    fondant had to be grayish,   .  spiderman red and wonder woman had a particular shade of red. I am talking of the colour  of fondant    to cover     the cake - not the characters. trust my question is clearer now

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 7:15pm
post #6 of 12

AI would probably add a tinge of orange for the wonder woman tier and add blue and gold details like the other poster said. It would help breakdown the tiers and make them more individual. Or if tinting different shades of red a hassle, then you can put the batman tier in the middle to break apart the red tiers. By adding the right details, each tier would obviously show which superhero it is supposed to be. Good luck :)

Dr_Hfuhruhurr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dr_Hfuhruhurr Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 7:39pm
post #7 of 12

There is not a specific shade of red that you would have to use for either character for it to be accurate, but they both wear essentially the same shade of red. As others have suggested, you could play with the red for one or the other to break it up some. Your call. 

If it were me, I'd focus on the star-spangled blue for Wonder Woman, with a liberal dose of gold accents--gold lasso, gold bracelets, gold eagle, gold tiara, gold shield, etc.  Of course, if it were me, I wouldn't mix DC and Marvel characters in the first place.  I know there have been comic crossovers in the past, but it annoys the heck out of me to see weird groupings of superheroes.  Which makes me a pedantic geek, of course, and I'm sure your customer specifically asked for this grouping of heroes, anyway.  ;)

Good luck with the cake!

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 7:44pm
post #8 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Hfuhruhurr 

There is not a specific shade of red that you would have to use for either character for it to be accurate, but they both wear essentially the same shade of red. As others have suggested, you could play with the red for one or the other to break it up some. Your call. 

If it were me, I'd focus on the star-spangled blue for Wonder Woman, with a liberal dose of gold accents--gold lasso, gold bracelets, gold eagle, gold tiara, gold shield, etc.  Of course, if it were me, I wouldn't mix DC and Marvel characters in the first place.  I know there have been comic crossovers in the past, but it annoys the heck out of me to see weird groupings of superheroes.  Which makes me a pedantic geek, of course, and I'm sure your customer specifically asked for this grouping of heroes, anyway.  ;)

Good luck with the cake!

LOL!  You are correct; a proper fanboy (or girl) would never mix Marvel and DC, or cross the streams for that matter! :D

suzied Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 6:24am
post #9 of 12

Thanks all for your input. this is how it  came out. (had some help from the internet too)  aah, it wont let me post the picture, not sure why. shall put it in the gallery.

AZCouture Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 8:31am
post #10 of 12

AWell, glad you figured it out! Can I make a suggestion for your next photo? Ditch that aluminum foil backdrop. Whatever is behind there has to be better looking than that. The foil just really doesn't do the photo any justice. Just a thought. :)

suzied Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 8:40am
post #11 of 12

I agree AZC. I was trying to hide the fruit bowl!!  but the  box covered in foil helped a lot with the lighting and for the first time I got the colours in a photo correctly because of the foil. Next time I might use cake boards for the back drop.

AZCouture Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 8:43am
post #12 of 12

Oh, that's fixable in post editing. Just need to adjust the color with Photoshop, or Picasa, or something online even. If possible, bounce your flash off of a wall nearby, or off the ceiling, or off of a piece of white paper that's just outside of the reach of the camera lens, or crop it out when you edit your pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%