Make American Buttercream Taste Like Swiss Meringue

Decorating By bakeforfun21 Updated 6 Jul 2014 , 9:51pm by MBalaska

bakeforfun21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeforfun21 Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 1:31am
post #1 of 9

AI like buttercream but I love the taste of Swiss meringue buttercream. Is there a recipe to make American buttercream taste like Swiss meringue?

8 replies
thebrat68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thebrat68 Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 1:46am
post #2 of 9

I just watched a tutorial from GSA on Swiss Meringue with a twist. I made it today with their dry egg whits and it came out very good making another batch tomorrow.  That is as close to seeing what your looking for.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 3:07am
post #3 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakeforfun21 

I like buttercream but I love the taste of Swiss meringue buttercream. Is there a recipe to make American buttercream taste like Swiss meringue?

Sure!  mix in a tub of marshmallow crème.

bakeforfun21 Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 7:07am
post #4 of 9

A

Original message sent by MBalaska

Sure!  mix in a tub of marshmallow crème.

Marshmallow creme?

bakeforfun21 Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 7:07am
post #5 of 9

A

Original message sent by thebrat68

I just watched a tutorial from GSA on Swiss Meringue with a twist. I made it today with their dry egg whits and it came out very good making another batch tomorrow.  That is as close to seeing what your looking for.

Do you have the link to it?

thebrat68 Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 9
bakeforfun21 Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 4:02pm
post #7 of 9

I may have done it. I made a swiss meringue and then added the powdered sugar to give it the american buttercream texture. It tastes great but its a little runny. I have to keep it in the fridge to keep it from running all over my cupcakes.

thebrat68 Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 9:30pm
post #8 of 9

I just make this cake using the tutorial on Swiss buttercream with a twist I gave you from GSA . Mine was not runny at

Beach theme vacation cake. 1st time using Swiss Buttercream

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 9:50pm
post #9 of 9

((^^ lovely sea themed cake.^^))

Add Marshmallow Crème.............

here's a thread discussing it, and below is the original recipe and the link to it.

http://cakecentral.com/t/765393/fabulous-faux-imbc-question

Fabulous Faux IMBC!

oopsydeb

Posted 8/5/10 • Last updated 8/5/10 • 792 views • 34 comments

Posted by oopsydeb

This is a recipe I was making as a s'more filling and as it was coming together I realized how close it is to the consistency of IMBC with out having to boil the sugar, it quick and easy and OH SO yummy!!!

Ingredients

• Makes about 6 cups Ingredients 3 ½ cups marshmallow crème 2 ½ cups unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 1/2 sticks) pinch of salt 2 ½ cups powdered sugar 2 tablespoons vanilla

Instructions

Instructions: 1. In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the marshmallow crème and the butter, starting on low and increasing to medium speed until the mixture is smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes. 2. Reduce mixer speed to low, add the powdered sugar, salt* and vanilla and beat until incorporated. 3. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes more. * I mix the salt into the vanilla first to dissolve.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%