Red Velvet Recipe

Baking By dyasia87 Updated 6 Jul 2014 , 6:34pm by dyasia87

dyasia87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyasia87 Posted 4 Jul 2014 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 5

ADoes anyone know of any red velvet recipes that do not taste entirely like chocolate! !??

4 replies
sha1col Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sha1col Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 5

AYes, I just made one two days ago for my sis b-day! I got the recipe from Gretchen Price of Woodland Bakery.

http://www.woodlandbakeryblog.com/red-velvet-cake/

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 5

AIf you are looking for a butter, instead of oil based one, I like America's Test Kitchen one with modifications. I use 11.4 oz white lilly ap, 1/4 t salt, full fat buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, 2t red velvet emulsion, 1/2 t vanilla, 2T hot coffee, 1T oil. I use standard creaming method, not the muffin type mixing they have instructed. I bloom the natural cocoa in the coffee and then add the flavorings/oil to that and then all into the buttermilk. I get better color distribution this way, rather then adding the cocoa/coloring at the end to prevent over mixing. I do not use touch test, I use moist crumbs on skewer. Cake should not pull from pan side (slightly) until it is out of oven. I just made this recipe and alternated layers with ice water white cake for a great red velvet strawberry shortcake yesterday. Chocolate taste was minimal, red was enough to be evident but not enough to be garish in my opinion.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 5

AGoogle Sarah's Red Velvet Tweaked, it's a good one!

dyasia87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyasia87 Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 5

AThanks ladies!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%