Which Piping Tip To Use? First Time Making A 3 Tiered Wedding Cake!!!

Decorating By rachamberlain Updated 6 Jul 2014 , 3:17pm by remnant3333

rachamberlain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachamberlain Posted 3 Jul 2014 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 3



I am making my sister-in-law's wedding cake and am getting all the tools I will need. She would like me to make her cake like this:



My question is: What size round piping tip would I need to make the borders around the bottom of each tier?




2 replies
sha1col Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sha1col Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 3

AI'm only familiar with Wilton's tips, as those are the only ones I can walk into a store near me and purchase. I would say tip 8 or 9, but you may have to order those online.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 3

If you have a coupler you can use that to make the bigger round circles.Just don't put a piping tip on it. They are round.


Also, if you know how to make the parchment paper cones, you could just cut the size that you need. That could also work for a throw away piping bag without a coupler or piping tip. Just cut with scissors and pipe on wax paper till you get the size of round ball that you need. Good luck and let us know how it comes out.  This is just my idea of what I would try to get those circle borders piped if I did not have the bigger round piping tip.

Quote by @%username% on %date%