How Can I Make A Golf Cart Cake Topper?

Decorating By LaurenAW Updated 7 Jul 2014 , 10:27pm by simplyme4469

LaurenAW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenAW Posted 3 Jul 2014 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 2

I am very new to cake decorating. As a beginner, I dont know much about anything besides what I have read on the internet. I just made my first fondant covered cake this past weekend. I think it turned out pretty good, so I posted it on facebook & now I have friends wanting me to make cakes for them. A friend has requested a birthday cake for her husband that they need by the 26th of this month. Its a golf themed cake & she wants a golf cart to go on the top of the cake. How do I do this? Should I use fondant or gum paste? I've never worked with gum paste before so I dont really know anything about it. Also, when should I start making it? Any kind of tips are appreciated! Thanks!

1 reply
simplyme4469 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplyme4469 Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 2

AGum paste is super easy to make. It is easy to use and hardens (fairly quickly.. make sure what you aren't using isn't left out). Anything you want to harden can be made in advance (staring wheel.. hard top of golf cart. You can make it easily or buy it premade. The body of the golf cart can be rice krispies or honestly. ... it could be made out of cake covered in fondant(I perSonally have never used rice krispy.. so I would prob do that. ... not sure which would be easier or better). Most details of the golf car could be made with fondant as well. There can be a lot of inspiration online.

If you use gumpaste for the golf cart details... you can also make golf clubs too and other details ahead of time that would add more to the cake :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%