Rainbow Cake Batter

Decorating By custard79 Updated 25 Jun 2014 , 4:13pm by FrostedMoon

custard79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
custard79 Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 11:42am
post #1 of 5

AJust a question for those who have made rainbow cakes/cupcakes. To get the nice vibrant colors it seems you need to use lots of colouring gel, is this going to effect the taste of my cake? I only have access to wilton brand coloring here. I want to make rainbow cupcakes for my son's class but worried that all the coloring will effect the taste, especially the red.

4 replies
aprildaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprildaisy Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 1:10pm
post #2 of 5

I asked this question in another thread about the rainbow cakes and several people replied that the colors don't affect the taste. I'm going to try it sooner or later. :D 

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 5

ATry and see if you can get powdered color for the red. The other colors don't have taste. You could also use no taste red but it's not as vibrant as powdered food color

dchinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchinda Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 5

AI made rainbow cupcakes for my daughter's birthday last year. You do not need to add a lot of color to your batter. The color will become brighter after they have baked. The gel colors do not affect the taste at all. You can check out my cupcakes in my gallery & see how vibrant the colors are.

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 5

Make sure you buy the "no taste" red.  If you use a lot of color, it will affect the taste, especially for the red & the blue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%