Will My Cake Last Until Saturday?

Decorating By sunshine1531 Updated 25 Jun 2014 , 6:07am by maybenot

sunshine1531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunshine1531 Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 6

So I know this question has been asked a lot before, and I have read those forums too, I just keep going back and forth about what to do...

If I make and decorate a cake late tonight in american buttercream frosting, will it still taste fresh on Saturday if left at room temperature? I unfortunately can't make it on wed or thurs night because of working 12 hour night shifts and the customer wants to pick it up on Friday morning and then eat it on Saturday.  I'm just worried about it getting hard and dry or having a stale taste???

Any advice would be much appreciated!! Thanks!

5 replies
lorillc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorillc Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 6

I just did this a few weeks ago.  I used the WASC recipe and they said the cake was great!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1531 

If I make and decorate a cake late tonight in american buttercream frosting, will it still taste fresh on Saturday if left at room temperature? 

Taste fresh? Sorry, but four days is a long time to sit at room temp. Acceptable, perhaps. Fresh, I don't think so.

sunshine1531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunshine1531 Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 3:06am
post #4 of 6

would it be better if I put it in the fridge? I keep reading different opinions on whether to place in the fridge or leave room temp. I have read on here that the fridge will dry the cake out, so that's why I was wondering if room temp would be better or not?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 3:15am
post #5 of 6

AFrankly id freeze it for a couple of days.

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 25 Jun 2014 , 6:07am
post #6 of 6

Box it & wrap the box in saran & foil.  Freeze.  24hrs. b/4 delivery, place wrapped box in fridge.  A few hours b/4 delivery, place wrapped box on counter.  Right b/4 display, remove cake from box.  It'll be just like the day it was made with little to no sweating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%