Design Idea Help For A Soccer Themed Cake

Decorating By FrostedMoon Updated 24 Jun 2014 , 10:57pm by FrostedMoon

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 4:27am
post #1 of 3

Hi!

I've been asked to design a 40th birthday cake.  The party theme is Brazil/World Cup.  The husband sent me two pics of his wife with USA face paint and a big red white and blue USA floppy top hat from when they watched in 2010.  He is giving me free reign.  The cake needs to serve 50.  I'd like to stay away from the typical soccer ball or soccer field cakes, and will probably do a tiered cake with two or three tiers.  My initial thought was a bottom tier with a soccer ball pattern (but not round like a soccer ball) and a carved cake on top that looked like her floppy USA hat.  I'm not sure I love that idea though, and thinking I should put something specific to Brasil in it?  I am having total designers block!  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 5:12am
post #2 of 3

I'd be tempted to make the whole cake that floppy hat, would just be a matter of making a double barrel/extended cake (think Cat in The Hat style), with some carving here and there for the creases, etc....yeah? Put the two team logos somewhere...maybe?

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you AZ!  I love that idea!  Putting the two team logos on, or maybe the World Cup logo, definitely helps.  I think that is why I was stuck.  Too open ended with multiple teams/events to acknowledge.  

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%