Attaching Wafer Paper Flowers To Smbc

Decorating By alexius007 Updated 13 Jan 2015 , 11:39pm by Caketrainer

alexius007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alexius007 Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 9

For larger flowers I am planning on attaching toothpicks to the flower backs and inserting into the cake, but what about smaller flowers?  What to attach with?  Attach when cake is chilled and frosting hard?  Room temperature?  Thanks in advance!

8 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 9

AErrr, double post, sorry.

alexius007 Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 12:35am
post #5 of 9

Just what I wanted to hear, and your cakes (esp. the pink one from the other day) are what have inspired me to try this out.  I was hoping you'd respond, thank you!  And I absolutely love the aqua/white cake.  Stunning.

AZCouture Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 12:40am
post #6 of 9

Thanks! The pink one was painted fondant, and that took some gummy fondant globs to get those flowers to stick. You'd think the semi damp airbrush paint would have made them latch on, but nope.

alexius007 Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 12:54am
post #7 of 9

Well it turned out absolutely gorgeous.  I just recently discovered the heaven that is SMBC and ordered some wafer paper, so I figured I'd ask how the two work together before I play with them.  Thank you again!

AZCouture Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 1:03am
post #8 of 9

They work very well together, you'll be pleased!

Caketrainer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caketrainer Posted 13 Jan 2015 , 11:39pm
post #9 of 9

I love all of the picts of wafer paper flowers you all have done, i have the paper - now i need to try it. One question though if i put the wp flowers on buttercream will the flowers dissolve at any time? i have to make a cake and deliver it the day before the event. If i put the flowers on and it sits for a night is that ok? or should i have the customer place them on the cake when it's time? Thanks for all of your imput!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%