Best Stores To Buy Cake Decorating Supplies In Minneapolis And Chicago?

Decorating By luvmykids2bits Updated 24 Jun 2014 , 1:41pm by Jeannem

luvmykids2bits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmykids2bits Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 2:30am
post #1 of 5

Canadian here who is travelling to Minneapolis and Chicago in a few weeks.  Want to take advantage of being able to take things back duty free, what is the best store to shop for cake decorating supplies and tools?  I'd love to get some Sugar Veil molds and materials, and fondant cutters and mats and molds, as well as possibly an SPS system.

4 replies
Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 2:48am
post #2 of 5

I live in the suburbs of Chicago, been here for over 50 years....and I can't tell you anywhere in Chi town to find decorating supplies. Just national chain stores like Michaels and Hobby Lobby. Anything "good/cool" I buy online.

JadedJenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JadedJenn Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 5

The only place I know of in the Twin Cities is Lynn's Cake and Candy Supplies. I haven't been there for quite a while but they have quite a lot of stuff. Worth a look. http://www.lynnscakeandcandy.com/

Dorothy11672 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dorothy11672 Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 5

For Chicago, my favorite is Lori's Cakewalk Chicago in South Chicago - Beverly (1741 W. 99th Street www.cakewalkchicago.com)

The owner, Lori is fabulous! Great customer service! I went there to buy a lace mold or pattern and she showed me to simply use tips and make my own pattern. How many owners talk the customer out of buying their products?

Also, there is Delicous Creations in Hickory Hills (Southwest Suburb) but the customer service is sub-par bordering on rude, at least in my experience.

Enjoy your trip! :smile:

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 5

Lynn's in Minneapolis is a great store..might want to call ahead for store hours.  Also, might want to call ahead to special order any specific items to make sure they're on hand.  Happy travels!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%