Camo Chaos!

Decorating By amateurembaker Updated 23 Jun 2014 , 9:48pm by amateurembaker

amateurembaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amateurembaker Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 1:03am
post #1 of 6

Hello! I haven't been on here in a while and I'm back in hopes of seeking for some advice! 

I was asked by a new client to make a certain Mossy Oak cake that's pictured on their website. The only problem is that the bottom of the cake looks like it's covered in a camouflage that I can't find in sugar sheets. Not that I want to use sugar sheets (because I hear that the they break very easily and pretty much taste horrific) but I need to find an alternative. I've pretty much searched my county for people who specialize in printing edible images and I've had no luck. 

I need your help in what I can do! The customer says it doesn't have to be the exact type of camouflage pictured. 

Here's the cake and any suggestions are welcome! :)

5 replies
SISA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SISA Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 3:02am
post #2 of 6

I think that might be Wilton sugar sheets.  I just seen them at Micheal's and thought about using them for a camo cake I have coming up.

Seatac123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Seatac123 Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 6

what is the design on the pink tier that looks like 2 wrenches

getonthemove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getonthemove Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 6

That is the Browning buckmark logo.  I work with somebody who is really into hunting, which is the only reason I know.  No idea what they made it out of though.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 7:17pm
post #5 of 6

Wilton camo sheets are different. I vote for edible image. Look on one side on the left--- it looks like a deer.

amateurembaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amateurembaker Posted 23 Jun 2014 , 9:48pm
post #6 of 6

Like I mentioned before, the client said it doesn't have to be the same camo. Yes, that is caled a browning symbol. I'm born and raised in the South but I don't like to hunt or anything in that area (go figure!). I think I'll have to end up using the Wilton sugar sheets. I'll have to experiment with them! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%