Gravity Defying Teapot Cake

Decorating By taylorbakes Updated 12 Jan 2015 , 6:14am by sandilee123

taylorbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taylorbakes Posted 19 Jun 2014 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 4

AI'm new to cake decorating and am trying to find a tutorial on gravity defying cakes and would like to do a teapot pouring into a cup but I am not sure whether the teapot is made from cake or gumpaste and how do I get it to stand in the air if it is a cake. I know you can use a metal rod or PVC but where in the uk could I get these things. Any ideas and responses would be great .

3 replies
farheentq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farheentq Posted 13 Sep 2014 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 4

Suefruits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suefruits Posted 9 Jan 2015 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 4

AIn UK, I think u can get them from "Home Base" or any plumber shop..

sandilee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandilee123 Posted 12 Jan 2015 , 6:14am
post #4 of 4

Ayes you have to create a stand, and depending on what you make the teapot out of it's going to be heavy so you have to anchor it to the board. I made a gravity defying cake that ended up using a light material on the end but at least it was solid. I used plumbing pipe and made it look like an iced coffee carton was pouring into a cup, then I made a flowerpot and made it look like a watering can was watering the pot. it turned out really well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%