Air Brush System

Decorating By kyliecake Updated 16 Jun 2014 , 11:55am by cazza1

kyliecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyliecake Posted 14 Jun 2014 , 12:33pm
post #1 of 5

sorry if I am doubling up on a question but I am starting to research air brushes and wanted to know

*what to look for

*single or double action

and what do you like/dislike about your airbrush.  I am in Australia so am mindful of postage costs.  I have read a few reviews and just getting more and more confused.  Thus I am asking the professionals of course - you guys!!

thanks

4 replies
Xolo sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Xolo sugar Posted 14 Jun 2014 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 5

Ahttp://www.grexusa.com I have a small Duff airbrush. It works great .

shannonann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonann Posted 14 Jun 2014 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 5

I'm not a professional and I don't know much about airbrushes, but I'll try to help out. Lisa Berczel has an airbrush class on Craftsy. She gives information about the different types of airbrushes and the equipment needed to go with them. She shows quite a few different techniques for using airbrushes to decorate cakes. She also goes into the care and maintenance as well as trouble shooting. I would definitely recommend the class to you to help you in your research. The class costs $59.99 but they put their classes on sale often.

Actually, I think they are running a special that let's you purchase your first Craftsy class for $9.99. That's a great opportunity if you've never used Craftsy before.

kyliecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyliecake Posted 16 Jun 2014 , 10:46am
post #4 of 5

thanks shannonann, I have done a few classes with them so I will look into it.  thanks for replying.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 16 Jun 2014 , 11:55am
post #5 of 5

Kylie, I agree with Shannon that the Craftsy class is well worth getting for the novice airbrusher. It will help you understand the why and how which makes using your airbrush all that much easier.  I had a cheap airbrush but have updated it to Grex trigger action gun, which I find so much easier to use than the ones with the top lever, which is what most have.  I still use my compressor that I bought on ebay.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%