Monarch White Cake Base 2-6558-0 Need Ratios For Smaller Batches

Business By Kiddiekakes Updated 15 Jun 2014 , 12:55am by enga

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Jun 2014 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 11

Hi Everyone,

I bought a few bags of the Monarch White Cake Base ..I believe it is the 50 lb bag....

Has anyone else used this mix and if so what would be the ratios for smaller cake batches.I am trying to get the equivalent of a boxed mix at 432g...I need to know the water ,oil and number of eggs needed...The only ratios are on the bag but they are for the entire bag in an industrial mixer...

Thanks

Laurel :-)

10 replies
enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 9 Jun 2014 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 11

Can you post your ratios?

bakemanchini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakemanchini Posted 13 Jun 2014 , 6:16am
post #3 of 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes 

Hi Everyone,

I bought a few bags of the Monarch White Cake Base ..I believe it is the 50 lb bag....

Has anyone else used this mix and if so what would be the ratios for smaller cake batches.I am trying to get the equivalent of a boxed mix at 432g...I need to know the water ,oil and number of eggs needed...The only ratios are on the bag but they are for the entire bag in an industrial mixer...

Thanks

You are kidding right?   Please don't tell me that you are a baker or company....I hope that you just do things for fun.... otherwise, nice joke :-)

Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Jun 2014 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 11

Who the hell is this Bake Machini anyways...I am not a large company and YES I am a professional baker with my own company for 13 years...This does not warrant my question to be a Joke!!!:-x

I am not Cake Boss where I mix up enough batter for hundreds of cake a day so YES...I need the formula for the bulk mix in smaller ratios....If you have a problem with that NEWBIE then get Off this site!! Really...some people...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Jun 2014 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 11

yes as enga says if you post the ratios you have -- someone smart can determine the smaller amounts you need --

Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Jun 2014 , 10:51pm
post #6 of 11

Ahhhhh.Thanks K8..I didn't know what that meant...LOL:oops:

Okay ...here is what is on the 20kg bag..which is roughly 44lb as I know you do not use kg in the US.

20 kg bag of base mix   44lb

8 kg water                      17lb 10oz

4 kg eggs                       8lb 13oz

I am used to making batches the same as a boxed mix roughly 432g to 500g boxes depends on the brand.....If someone super smart can help me figure out the smaller amounts I would love you forever!!

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 15 Jun 2014 , 12:17am
post #7 of 11

AI have not used the product you have. However, if you convert all kg to g, the conversion becomes easier. You have 20000 grams of mix. That equals 40 "batches" of your usual 500 g qty. 8000 grams of water divided by 40 batches is 200. 400 grams of eggs divided by 40 is 10. I hope this helps, and I hope more so that I am right!

Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Jun 2014 , 12:41am
post #8 of 11

Thankyou so much..I am going to give that a try!!!Yeahhhhhh

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 15 Jun 2014 , 12:49am
post #9 of 11

A

Original message sent by Kiddiekakes

Thankyou so much..I am going to give that a try!!!Yeahhhhhh

My math is off on the eggs. Oops! But you get the idea......

enga Posted 15 Jun 2014 , 12:50am
post #10 of 11

Awww, it's not about being smart, it's about looking on the back of someone else's bag :lol: I used to cut out and save the formulas off the bags.

My base mix was 22.68 kg (50#) Formula for a large and small batch are listed on the bag. It might be worth a shot using a small amount to make a test batch, and it worked out fine for me. Looks like the formula divided everything by 5 and kept the ounces the same.

50# large batch

50 lbs. base mix

17 lbs. 8 oz whole eggs

15 lbs. veg. oil

11 lbs 4 oz water

10# Small batch

10 lbs. base mix

3 lbs. 8 oz whole eggs

3 lbs. veg. oil

2 lbs. 4 oz water

2 lbs. base mix

11.2 oz whole eggs (48 oz + 8 oz / 5)

9.6 oz veg. oil (48 oz / 5)

7.2 oz water (32 oz + 4 oz. / 5)

There are 453.6 grams in a pound so either make a double batch or you can break it down further by dividing it in half. hth

*edited to add link

http://www.asknumbers.com/PoundsToGrams.aspx

enga Posted 15 Jun 2014 , 12:55am
post #11 of 11

Sorry Rfisher, didn't see your post

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%