How Do I Do This

Decorating By bakeforfun21 Updated 8 Jun 2014 , 2:35am by pastrypet

bakeforfun21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakeforfun21 Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 5:22am
post #1 of 8

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3247023/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Can somebody tell me how to make the little snow mounds in this cake? And the blue snowflakes on the corners?

7 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 7:25am
post #2 of 8

I am having a bit of trouble seeing but I think the mounds are just fondant and the snowflakes on the corner look like they have been cut out with a snowflake cutter.

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 7:29am
post #3 of 8

I believe those snowflakes in the corners are Wilton snowflake icing decorations, package of 12. I got them at my grocery store in the cake mix/frosting section.

The snow mounds could just be irregular lumps of fondant under a fondant covering.

bakeforfun21 Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 11:50am
post #4 of 8

A

Original message sent by pastrypet

I believe those snowflakes in the corners are Wilton snowflake icing decorations, package of 12. I got them at my grocery store in the cake mix/frosting section.

[URL=http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3247041/] [/URL]

The snow mounds could just be irregular lumps of fondant under a fondant covering.

oh.ok. can I use marshmallows if I don't know how to use fondant?

pastrypet Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 8

Instead of fondant, you can certainly use marshmallows (and cut them up to get different sizes, or just use regular, jumbo, and mini). Then you can make white chocolate ganache (fairly liquid, but not "watery" - and don't add water to chocolate! If it's too thick, add a little more cream) and spoon it over the marshmallows to cover.

I hope some others will give you ideas.

dirtycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dirtycakes Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 11:18pm
post #6 of 8

The irregular shaped bits over most of the surface of the cake look like blobs of piped buttercream. On the right side of the cake you can see where some of them have "tails."

The flatter smoother parts under the figurines look like fondant or maybe even plastic as part of the figurine itself.

bakeforfun21 Posted 8 Jun 2014 , 1:05am
post #7 of 8
pastrypet Posted 8 Jun 2014 , 2:35am
post #8 of 8

Good for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%