Fondant Crisis

Decorating By Mariya786 Updated 7 Jun 2014 , 3:02pm by Mariya786

Mariya786 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mariya786 Posted 5 Jun 2014 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 5

ALast night made fondant with glycerin ,corn syrup, confectionary sugar, crisco,gelatin and vanila extract I took It out today it hard and it's nothing like a dough... So I knead it again wd some crisco and confectionary sugar so still it's the same it's crumbling wat should be done to make it pliable and smooth!! It's not even rolling and it too sticky I live in pakistan And weather here is around 40 to 47 degree centigrade!!

4 replies
azaraaline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azaraaline Posted 6 Jun 2014 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 5

If it's crumbling, then it may be too dry and you might need to work some more corn syrup or even a tiny bit of water into it to save it. But it's hard to know what went wrong without your exact recipe and procedure. Did the fondant look nice right after you made it, but got crumbly overnight? It should look more or less ready right after you finish making it, you just want to let it sit overnight to develop its elasticity.

dkltll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dkltll Posted 6 Jun 2014 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 5

Knead, knead, knead. If possible pop it in the microwave for a few seconds at a time in between kneading attempts, sometimes that helps. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 6 Jun 2014 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 5

pop in microwave and I would add more glycerin and corn syrup...I  did not have success using a similar recipe, same problems.  

Mariya786 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mariya786 Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 5

AIt's crumbly when it was ready!! I don't know wat went wrong!! Should I add more corn syrup Or should I melt some marshmallow an mix it in??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%