Need Help: Edible Image Covering Cake

Decorating By Edee Updated 3 Jun 2014 , 10:11pm by cakegrandma

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 5

I have a customer wanting this cake.. my question is how do you get the edible images that flawless?  Any tips to not have a lip around the edges?  Would you cover the top first then the sides?  And what size edible image sheets would you buy to cover a 6", 10", 12" cake?  Also does anyone sell 5" strips?  Any help/tips would be appreciated.. TIA

4 replies
Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 3 Jun 2014 , 5:05am
post #2 of 5

anyone?

thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 3 Jun 2014 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 5

AI think it's fondant and the branches are gumpaste, not edible image.

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 3 Jun 2014 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 5

It's hard to tell, that picture is so small.  I do think it might be an edible image, because I can see a repeating pattern from the bottom tier on the tier above it (almost directly above).

I only buy my edible image sheets in 7.5 x 10, and I use what I need. I would do the top and the sides, and I would plan on a little overlap for each.  The edible images are pretty flexible, and it's camouflage, so the more the merrier, right?  You can piece edible image sheets together too, but again, not exactly sure you would need it here since we're dealing with camo.

Good Luck!

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 3 Jun 2014 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 5

The photo looks as though it is Real Tree prints.  If you look up Real Tree you will find a pattern like that.  My granddaughter loves that stuff and they have it in many colors to fit ones desire to be camouflaged.  Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%