How To Ship To Another State?

Decorating By nsoares Updated 1 Jun 2014 , 6:36pm by lcubed83

nsoares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nsoares Posted 31 May 2014 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 5

I live in Florida and have a client that is traveling by train to New Jersey. They are wanting to take a fondant covered, two tier cake with them on the train. Does anyone have any advice on how I should send the cake with them? I'm nervous it's going to just get nasty on the way.

4 replies
kellyk1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyk1234 Posted 31 May 2014 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 5

I would make sure the box that I put the cake in, is the same size, or maybe an inch larger than the cake drum that way it doesn't slide around in the box. I would also use the SPS system and use double sided carpet tape between the cake board and cake plate. Also tape the bottom tier to the drum.  I do this for all the cakes that I travel with, and it doesn't budge!

The cake should be fine if there isn't a perishable filling it that needs refrigeration. What kind of cake is it?

nsoares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nsoares Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 12:35am
post #3 of 5

Thanks, I'll definitely make sure the box is the right size. I always adhere so that shouldn't be a problem and it's only a vanilla cake with buttercream. Thank you for the advice. I feel better knowing I have it down pretty good.

kellyk1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyk1234 Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 5

AYou're welcome! As long as there is a strong support system, it will be fine, especially if it's only a 2 tier.

lcubed83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcubed83 Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 5

For my recent cake transit, I used candy melts to "glue" the tiers to the SPS plates.  Just another idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%