Is Lovely-Tutorials.com Legit?

Decorating By hteardrop Updated 13 Dec 2014 , 3:09am by Acadia

hteardrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hteardrop Posted 30 May 2014 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 10

I use pinterest a lot and have come across this site a million times. they seem to have every tutorial you can imagine and more. they have a free site ( lovelytutorials.com) but it never seems to work right then i saw a link to  lovely-tutorials.com which you pay a fee for 6 months but i need to know if it's legit. anyone know or used it before? it seems to be russian :-? thanks in advance

9 replies
celiazumbach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
celiazumbach Posted 31 May 2014 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 10

ANever heard of them, but when in doubt don't . There are other tutorials out there for free.

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 31 May 2014 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 10

I've used tutorials on that site in the past.  It was always hit or miss. Sometimes you could get on and sometimes not.  It seems that since they have started the paid site that you can never get on the free one. One thing that bugged me about the site is that they have tutorials on there from different blogs and don't give them credit for the tutorial.

hteardrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hteardrop Posted 1 Jun 2014 , 12:55am
post #4 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goreti 

I've used tutorials on that site in the past.  It was always hit or miss. Sometimes you could get on and sometimes not.  It seems that since they have started the paid site that you can never get on the free one. One thing that bugged me about the site is that they have tutorials on there from different blogs and don't give them credit for the tutorial.

yeah i noticed that. there are some really good tutorials though and i would have paid the 6 Euro for 6months but just wanted to be sure... i think i'll stay away though, not worth the hassle if it's not legit especially since it's linked to Russia!

Thanks guys ;-D

Acadia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Acadia Posted 11 Dec 2014 , 12:42pm
post #5 of 10

Does the free site "lovelytutorials" without the dash between the words, still work?  I haven't been able to get to the tutorials, even the ones I've bookmarked, for months and months now.  When I go I am taken to a page that tells me to subscribe to the premium site "lovely-tutorials" with a dash between the words.

I clicked on the banner to see what that was all about and was taken to another page that talked about the membership fee of the new site. It also states that the original site "lovelytutorials" without the dash, is still free.  But I can't get there.  I've tried different browsers. I've tried deleting internet cookies.

Here is what I see when I go to the FREE page.

http://www.lovelytutorials.com/forum/

Am I blocked? Can others get there?

D

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Dec 2014 , 2:09pm
post #6 of 10

What language is that?

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 11 Dec 2014 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 10

I just looked at the website, it is Russian language, and @Acadia, they say if you don`t pay the registration is useless. They did not block you, it just shows that you can pay via Pay pal.

Look like they are using somebody`s else tutorials ( and give those decorators credit).

Maybe the idea of this website is make tutorials available in Russian language.

I don`t know if it is legit or not.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Dec 2014 , 7:23pm
post #8 of 10

Sounds shady to me...I've found that a lot of sites will take photos and tutorials off of my blog (as well as other people's too) and use them without permission, but if the next move is to put them on a pad-to-view site that's some serious internet thievery.

Acadia Posted 12 Dec 2014 , 12:01am
post #9 of 10

It's Russian.

I'm not interested in paying for tutorials.  They have 2 pages.  One where the tutorials are free (loveytutorials)  and the other where you pay for a subscription (lovey-tutorials).  I'm interested in accessing the free tutorials.  I do know that the tutorials belong to other people, but it's nice to find tutorials that are concentrated in one space. I found so many nice tutorials there that I otherwise wouldn't have known about, and by going to the actual author's page/blog later, I find even more from them.

Until a few months ago I was able to access the free tutorials site (loveytutorials) without a problem, but now when I go there, I get what you see in the screen capture I posted above. 

I'm just asking if anyone else has been able to access the FREE tutorials page, or are you getting the same thing as I am seeing, the banner?  When you click the banner you are taken to another forum post that specifically states that you can still access the free tutorials site.

Acadia Posted 13 Dec 2014 , 3:09am
post #10 of 10

I managed to get to the FREE site yesterday. Guess it's a hit or miss thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%