Anybody Used A House On The Hill Mould For Cupcake Toppers?

Decorating By pookashnoo Updated 28 May 2014 , 5:43am by pookashnoo

pookashnoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookashnoo Posted 27 May 2014 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,


So here's the thing... I bought a house on the hill cookie mould and it looked from the pictures like it was silicone. Anyways it arrived tonight and its made of wood so clearly I wasn't paying attention when I made the purchase.


I've seen some videos about how to use them with springerle cookies by simply pressing the mould down on top of the dough. Been looking all over the net to see how exactly to use it for sugar paste to go on top of cupcakes but I can't seem to find anything. Has anybody used these for sugar paste, is it done the same way? I know the best is to just try it I guess but the moulds aren't cheap so I was hoping somebody would know before I clog up the mould and ruin it.


Thanks in advance!

2 replies
liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 27 May 2014 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 3

Hello!  The molds from House on the Hill are resin (that are painted to look like wood).  You really can't hurt them.  If stuff gets stuck, just scrub it out.  I use them for Springerle cookies and I mold mints with them.  I would try dusting your gumpaste or fondant with some powdered sugar before pressing into the mold.  Should work like a charm.



pookashnoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookashnoo Posted 28 May 2014 , 5:43am
post #3 of 3

AThanks Liz! Xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%