How Do I Do This? Nevermind, I Wont Take Your Advice.

Lounge By FioreCakes Updated 23 May 2014 , 8:28pm by MBalaska

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 22 May 2014 , 6:00am
post #31 of 55

AI'm sure it's ok cazza1, because you've only charged $20 for the life-size unicorn cake and your ingredients are double that, but you're meant to calculate the price of a cake as 50% of your costs, that's right isn't it? Maybe we need a pricing tutorial, surely somebody on YouTube must have a calculator and something very interesting to say??

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 22 May 2014 , 6:42am
post #32 of 55

sorry it took so long Cazza.......here's your photo pictorial tutorial.

No explanations needed right? 

winniemog Posted 22 May 2014 , 7:05am
post #33 of 55

AMan, those Alaskan unicorns look different to the Australian ones....can we please have a country- specific tutorial?

MBalaska Posted 22 May 2014 , 7:54am
post #34 of 55

simply adjustments.......because ours don't shoot rainbows out of their rumps..........just ice cubes.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 22 May 2014 , 10:03am
post #35 of 55

Quote:

Man, those Alaskan unicorns look different to the Australian ones.

I think winnie said it all.

winniemog Posted 22 May 2014 , 11:44am
post #36 of 55

AYou know, in my previous career I met some Alaskan geologists, really tough guys, who told me they carried guns when they did their fieldwork. Silly me, I thought it was because of the bears. Now I know that it was the UNICORNS they were terrified of.....and understandably so!

No sweet dreams for me tonight.....I think it's going to take a lot to remove the image of an Alaskan unicorn swimming toward me....

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 22 May 2014 , 12:49pm
post #37 of 55

Just because advice is given doesn't mean it has to be taken.  Why does it bother you that someone decides to revert to their original plan?   I do this all the time.  I like to see how other people do something and sometimes the best way for me to do something is the way I already know how to do it.  I follow my gut instinct.  If you are sick of seeing this sort of thing on CC then you certainly don't have to read it.

cazza1 Posted 22 May 2014 , 2:05pm
post #38 of 55

I want an Alaskan Unicorn for my next camping trip.  Wouldn't need to worry about how well the solar panels are working as would have a constant supply of ice cubes to keep things cold.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 22 May 2014 , 3:07pm
post #39 of 55
 Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmom 

Just because advice is given doesn't mean it has to be taken... If you are sick of seeing this sort of thing on CC then you certainly don't have to read it.

I didn't think this thread was directed at all posters who request info or help. There have been many great discussions about how to efficiently get a project started and finished. That's why we are here. If the OP doesn't use that info for reasons you stated, lots of other members might. I did think that it was directed at the irritating few who show an attitude when people make suggestions.

I get your point about ignoring some posts and moving on. I do this all the time. But everyone has their own way of dealing with irritating issues. Some folks might have read your post and thought you should be taking your own advice. Some folks might read my response to you, and think the same thing, that I'm the jerk for responding. :wink: 

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 22 May 2014 , 4:58pm
post #40 of 55

I can't even remember how many times I've been told to shut up when voicing my opinion.  I've decided the only correct response is, no YOU shut up :lol:. And I'll say it again, you only see this on forums where women dominate. Maybe it's because parents are less likely to tell their little boys that if they can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

I don't know that this speaks to the subject of this thread, but what bugs me is when this happens:

OP: What color is the sky?

Me: Blue

Someone else: It sounds like green would be the color of the sky.

Another person: I have never seen the sky, but i think it's green, too.

Me: No, the sky is blue and the grass is green, here's why [Explanation]

OP: Ok green it is! Thanks, everyone!

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 22 May 2014 , 6:18pm
post #41 of 55

AYep, pretty much howsweet! Great example.

MBalaska Posted 22 May 2014 , 8:00pm
post #42 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by howsweet 

I don't know that this speaks to the subject of this thread, but what bugs me is when this happens:

ADD:

OP:   Ok Green it is! Thanks, everyone!  and this is my very first cake . I made it with with the green sky which was my original idea anyhow. It's a 6 tier triple barrel cake with 1,000 hand-made unicorns shooting out diamond tiaras from it's rump. How do you like me now?  ta-da

FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 22 May 2014 , 9:27pm
post #43 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

ADD:

OP:   Ok Green it is! Thanks, everyone!  and this is my very first cake . I made it with with the green sky which was my original idea anyhow. It's a 6 tier triple barrel cake with 1,000 hand-made unicorns shooting out diamond tiaras from it's rump. How do you like me now?  ta-da

Quote:

Originally Posted by howsweet 

I can't even remember how many times I've been told to shut up when voicing my opinion.  I've decided the only correct response is, no YOU shut up :lol:. And I'll say it again, you only see this on forums where women dominate. Maybe it's because parents are less likely to tell their little boys that if they can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

This is exactly what my post was referring to. I see it happen on here all the time and it is so frustrating to write them a long response, or google for them (it's a skill, ya know) and then have them basically tell you you're wrong. After being a lurker here for a while, I would definitely pay for access to a forum that all these 1 post newbie's wouldn't pay for. 

FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 22 May 2014 , 9:30pm
post #44 of 55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norasmom 

Just because advice is given doesn't mean it has to be taken.  Why does it bother you that someone decides to revert to their original plan?   I do this all the time.  I like to see how other people do something and sometimes the best way for me to do something is the way I already know how to do it.  I follow my gut instinct.  If you are sick of seeing this sort of thing on CC then you certainly don't have to read it.

This wasn't in reference to what you are describing. This is in reference to the HELP ASAP!!!!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!! and you tell them what to do and they either tell YOU its wrong, or laugh at you disrespectfully. "lol, why would doing business with a friend cause problems? lol" If you want to lump yourself into the category of those people, feel free. 

winniemog Posted 22 May 2014 , 11:00pm
post #45 of 55

Quote:

ADD:

Ok, this is getting serious here! What state of the US has unicorns that shoot diamond tiaras from their rumps???? Because now I understand why people want a green card......I'm booking my flight right away.....what does Australia have to offer me compared with these amazing American unicorns?

cazza1 Posted 23 May 2014 , 1:00am
post #46 of 55

SUNSHINE winnie.  It takes tremendous pressure to produce diamonds.  Imagine the pressure of ALL that COLD in Alaska pressing down on the unicorns.  Well if you shift there that could be you too.  It's probably why they need superglue.  To hold all the bits together when they shatter from the cold and pressure.

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 23 May 2014 , 1:00am
post #47 of 55

Quote:

ADD:

Priceless, MB.  And you've really nailed it with the "How do you like me now?" smugness.  :)

Liz

MBalaska Posted 23 May 2014 , 6:49am
post #48 of 55

It's   not   always   easy   to   keep   the   fingers   off   of  the   keyboard   when   you   know   that   the   poo   is   getting   deep. :-X

At times like that, I take the opportunity to go out and play 'catch the diamonds' with the unicorns, or we take turns riding the mosquitoes around the yard.

Mimimakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mimimakescakes Posted 23 May 2014 , 8:22am
post #49 of 55

Quote:

It's   not   always   easy   to   keep   the   fingers   off   of  the   keyboard   when   you   know   that   the   poo   is   getting   deep. :-X

At times like that, I take the opportunity to go out and play 'catch the diamonds' with the unicorns, or we take turns riding the mosquitoes around the yard.

Now riding mosquitoes is something us Aussies can relate to, Sidesaddle or do you prefer Bareback?

winniemog Posted 23 May 2014 , 9:02am
post #50 of 55

You know, I was thinking the same thing, yes, mosquitoes, I can relate to that. And then I thought about that Alaskan unicorn again. And again. And all I can think is, what kind of freaky monster would an Alaskan mosquito be? It just doesn't bear thinking about.....

MBalaska Posted 23 May 2014 , 10:35am
post #51 of 55

cazza1 Posted 23 May 2014 , 10:36am
post #52 of 55

Don't know what size your mosquitoes are MB and Chelle but the mossies in my part are the world are too big and wild to tame.  You are lucky not to be dragged off into the wild, blue yonder by them.

cazza1 Posted 23 May 2014 , 10:38am
post #53 of 55

That mozzie is rolling it's eyes and looking as skeptical about a unicorn with rainbows as I am.  I think he agrees that you are more likely to be gored by it than bedazzled.

Mimimakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mimimakescakes Posted 23 May 2014 , 10:39am
post #54 of 55

Cazza , I am a mosquito whisperer, I just have to expose the tiniest bit of unprotected flesh and they are in my thrall. 

MBalaska Posted 23 May 2014 , 8:28pm
post #55 of 55

warm fuzzies

It's all good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%