Cake Pop Coating

Decorating By sweet_cravings Updated 15 May 2014 , 2:11am by Norasmom

sweet_cravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_cravings Posted 14 May 2014 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 4

Can I use cake pop coating as white chocolate (melted from chips)? Everywhere I can see is Wilton Candymelts which I don't like.. They taste ok but white chocolate is YUMM....

How do I use it?.. It didn't melt like candy melts..

TIA

3 replies
Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 15 May 2014 , 12:19am
post #2 of 4

AAre you wanting to use white chocolate chips instead of white candy melts, or the other way around? I think you are stating you wish to use white chocolate chips to cover cake pops? There is white chocolate chips and there are white baking chips. Two totally different species that behave different from each other. Chips are made to not melt in cookies. That's not to say you can't get them to work. Try white merkins. You'll find folks who even like to use almond bark, or white dipping what-ever- it's -called from ghirardelli.

acakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acakedecorator Posted 15 May 2014 , 1:52am
post #3 of 4

If I melt chocolate chips, I add a little bit of crisco so when they melt it will be thinner. It will still be thicker than candy melts and they will be harder to get to look nice, but they do taste better.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 15 May 2014 , 2:11am
post #4 of 4

I just melt white chocolate chips (Guittard works well) in the microwave and if it's too thick, add a bit of Crisco.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%