Nike Sandal Cake Topper?

Decorating By marvettamarvels Updated 14 May 2014 , 2:31pm by marvettamarvels

marvettamarvels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marvettamarvels Posted 13 May 2014 , 12:17am
post #1 of 4

AHi all! Recently I was asked to make a Nike Sandal/Slide as a cake topper. I was wondering how to go about making one, I've been searching for awhile and have came up with nothing. Thanks in advance!

3 replies
BakedBliss2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedBliss2013 Posted 14 May 2014 , 12:26am
post #2 of 4

AYou should be able to make it out of fondant. To make the top just use plastic wrap to help hold it's shape and leave it for a day or so it will harden up then make the bottom and set the top into it to let it harden. I would draw a template to use. Hope that helps!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 May 2014 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 4

i would make a pattern, knead some cornstarch into some fondant, color it, cut out the pattern, affix the strap with water brushed on then blotted off a bit, so it is damp not wet,  stuff the strap on the slide so it stays in shape -- dry it and there it is-- if you want it to stand up--then before the sole starts drying--screw a bamboo skewer into it so it will stand up in the top of the cake--probably need another hole made at this time at a different angle so you can insert another skewer into it and prop it up after you insert the first skewer--

maybe something like that

marvettamarvels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marvettamarvels Posted 14 May 2014 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 4

AI think I will be doing that! I haven't found a template so I may do one based off my own one. Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%