Filling/frosting Help- Too Much On One Cake?

Decorating By bpcbutterfly Updated 13 May 2014 , 12:18pm by savannahquinn

bpcbutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bpcbutterfly Posted 12 May 2014 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 5

Hi. If i want to fill a cake with buttercream, dulce de leche abc in one case and mango smbc in another, and frost in ganache under fondant, is this too much?

I find covering with ganache under fondant much easier as a novice- fewer bulges, firmer surface, easier to smooth,etc. but if i dont want to fill with ganache i'm afraid that there is way too much going on for a single slice of cake... would i be better frosting with the buttercream taste wise?

4 replies
savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 12 May 2014 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 5

I think the ganache and dulce de leche sound great...not sure about the mango...I don't  think it's the ganache that's causing the confusion I think it's the two fillings not going together...JMO....:)

bpcbutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bpcbutterfly Posted 12 May 2014 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 5

To clarify, those fillings are not going together. Its just one or the other (different tiers). So I would have mango smbc, white choc ganache and fondant on one tier, and dulce de leche bc, white chocolate ganache and fondant on another...

I want sharp corners and have trouble doing that with bc alone under fondant.

thanks!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 13 May 2014 , 12:33am
post #4 of 5

well sure, why not.  (I also would not care for those two fillings together :)  )

but if a person can choose between a piece of cake with mango, or a piece with dulce de leche. aok

good luck with your cake.

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 13 May 2014 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 5

AThat sounds great! Sorry I was confused!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%