Friday Night Cake Club For 5/9/14

Decorating By catlharper Updated 13 May 2014 , 3:22am by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 12 May 2014 , 3:26am
post #31 of 38

Veronica, the owl cake is by far my favorite but I also love the football...it looks like one of those wooden collector editions! Awesome!

Mimimakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mimimakescakes Posted 12 May 2014 , 9:36pm
post #32 of 38

Hi everyone , great cakes again. I didn't have any to show this week.  I did make seven dozen Ginger Anzacs for a bake sale to raise funds for our National Cake seminar.  Cazza you sure picked a nice week to come over to this side of the country , the weather has been just great.  

This week I am having my carpets replaced in the whole house and somehow I have to get a three tier winter wonderland cake done by saturday. I need to get it baked tonight so it has time to mature. ( mud cake )

Have a great week everyone. 

Cat I hope that your hand is now well on the mend and not giving you too much grief. 

Chelle. 

Krypto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Posted 12 May 2014 , 9:52pm
post #33 of 38

A[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3234542/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Hi all! I made this for my son's birthday on Sunday. The bottom tier was ApplegumPam's chocolate mudcake recipe. I baked it on Tuesday and we ate it yesterday. Is the texture supposed to be similar to pound cake? The flavor was divine but it was a little drier than I expected. I used the conversion chart she listed under the comments of her recipe.

catlharper Posted 12 May 2014 , 10:01pm
post #34 of 38

Chelle,

What the heck are Anzacs? Good luck with the caking with the chaos of getting your floors done! I don't envy you that.

Thank you for inquiring about my hand. The sad fact is that I will probably never have full motion or weight bearing capability in the middle finger of my right hand (about 40% range of movement and 30% weight bearing) and the ring finger of that hand is back about 90%. That one might be ok in the long run as long as I still use it. The middle one was just too damaged in the nerves/tendons and bones to ever be ok again. The doc offered to rebreak it for me and hope for a better outcome but I'm thinking I'll pass on that. I've adapted my caking to match the ability of my hands and, since I'm ambidextrous, it's not that much of an inconvenience for me. The biggest issue is remembering to tuck that finger away when I write or it looks like I'm flipping someone off! LOL!

KRYPTO! What a cool cake!! What are the flames made out of? Just a very cool way to make a single tier cake a WOW cake!

Cat

Krypto Posted 12 May 2014 , 10:04pm
post #35 of 38

AThanks, catharper.:D It's actually two tiers. The bottom is 9 inches and the top is 6 inches. The flames are covering the top. The flames are twisted strips of fondant with added tylose. They dried for about two weeks.

Krypto Posted 12 May 2014 , 10:05pm
post #36 of 38

ACC user sixinarow was very helpful. It was based on her design.

Mimimakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mimimakescakes Posted 13 May 2014 , 12:39am
post #37 of 38

I am Ambi myself Cat , I have had to adapt on occasion too. I think I would pass on the re breaking too. 

Anzacs are Biscuits ( you would call them cookies )  They are made with rolled oats ,flour,  coconut, sugar, butter and golden syrup and bi carb soda . 

They were made to send the Troops in the first world war , they keep really well so would still be good when they got to the troops. 

The name ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corp.  

catlharper Posted 13 May 2014 , 3:22am
post #38 of 38

Krypto: Thanks! That's very cool. I love this place for the help that you can get here!

Chelle: The cookies sound very interesting...like something my mom might LOVE. She's a big coconut fan! I'll have to look up a recipe and give it a try for her birthday. Thank you for the history behind it too...I adore finding out stuff like that and can't say as I would have learned it any other way<G>

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%