Stacking A 5 Tiered Standing Golf Bag Cake With A Cakesafe

Decorating By kmcgee404 Updated 8 May 2014 , 6:46pm by kmcgee404

kmcgee404 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmcgee404 Posted 7 May 2014 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 5

AHello! I am making a 5 tiered standing golf bag cake. Each tier will be a 9 inch round and 4 inches tall. A total of a 20 inch tall nine inch cake. I just need advice on if I am headed in the right direction. I will dowel between each tier and deliver with a "Cakesafe". The Cakesafe is awesome but I am afraid the cake may fall after I remove the cake safes center metal rod. I'm just nervous, any advice???

4 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 7 May 2014 , 10:57pm
post #2 of 5

AShould be fine, make sure it's completely level and on a sturdy table.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 7 May 2014 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 5

I'd stake it from the bottom on a wooden board using a flange and pipe. I did a tall bottle shaped cake this way and it was so secure, I didn't even need anyone to ride in the back with it.

But like AZ, said, I don't see why it wouldn't be just fine.

SkisandBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SkisandBakes Posted 8 May 2014 , 3:54am
post #4 of 5

AI'm doing a similar concept for an oversize beer can. 4 x 4" tall 8" rounds stacked. I'm planning to use bubble tea straws to dowel each layer and will add a center wooden dowel driven all the way into the base. The cake will move no further than counter to table. I would love to hear how your project travels.

kmcgee404 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmcgee404 Posted 8 May 2014 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 5

AThank you for the suggestions! The people at Cakesafe recommended I transport the cake as usual with the safe, then remove the metal center rod and replace it with another wooden rod. This should be easily disguised too, as I will have clubs sticking out of the top of the bag. Fingers crossed for next Saturday!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%