Giant Cupcake Chocolate Mould...?

Decorating By Ayeshasi Updated 9 May 2014 , 2:31pm by 810whitechoc

Ayeshasi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayeshasi Posted 7 May 2014 , 10:00am
post #1 of 7

I followed some steps I seen on this site but I am just not able to take out the mould from the pan....

I applied 2 coats first time, put it in freezer and then pulled and pulled. Eventually it popped out but broken :(

Second time I applied 3 coats and left in freezer, didn't budge. Put it in fridge...nope! Had to cut it all off so I can use the pan.

Any tips?

6 replies
Shazza65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shazza65 Posted 7 May 2014 , 11:35am
post #2 of 7

AHi I normally chill the pan in the fridge beforehand then swirl the melted chocolate around. The first layer can be a bit thin. Then, once that's set (in the fridge), do another layer. I use a teaspoon to push the chocolate around. Do however many coats you need and on the last one turn the pan upside down so the chocolate doesn't pool on the bottom. Remember to pop it on a tray first though!! Then when it's fully set I lift one side a bit and then the other just softly trying to get it to. release. It just pops out. I use Nestle melts to make mine. You could try a silicone pan too. I've never had any trouble with putting it in the fridge to set. After it's made I leave it out at room temp.

Ayeshasi Posted 7 May 2014 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 7

AThanks or your reply. I'll try your way this time

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 8 May 2014 , 11:53am
post #4 of 7

Do you have a flexible silicone mould?  They are much easier to make giant choc cupcake shells than the metal ones.  If you only have a metal one maybe you could try spraying the mould with a little spray release oil.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 8 May 2014 , 11:58am
post #5 of 7

....and do you have to shave a bit off your cake to get it to slide into the mould?

Ayeshasi Posted 8 May 2014 , 12:27pm
post #6 of 7

AThanks. I was using cooking milk chocolate from asda. I was using the metal pan. Will try and get the silicone. Think my local poundshop has them

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 9 May 2014 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 7

Yep, got mine from the local hot dollar shop, which I'm assuming is the same as your poundshop. It was cheap maybe $5.00 super easy to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%