Cupcake Flavor "key" For Displays

Decorating By ggrigioni Updated 5 May 2014 , 8:43pm by MimiFix

ggrigioni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ggrigioni Posted 5 May 2014 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 4

Hello, all!

I've been a long time lurker on the forums and have gained SO much knowledge.  So first off, thanks!

I have been unsuccessful in searches on the best way to make a "guide" to cupcake flavors in a large tower.  In the past I have just used little tents with the flavor and placed a corresponding cupcake next to it.  The problem is that with multiple flavors this takes up a lot of room and can look messy.  Any suggestions or is this not even needed at all?

Thanks for the insight and I've attached an example :)

AppleMark

AppleMark

3 replies
howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 5 May 2014 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 4

Very pretty display! I like your idea, but wonder if some guests wouldn't take the cupcake from the guide. Might have to glue them down. I usually don't use two cupcakes of the same color, which solves the problem, but doesn't allow as much choice for flavor.  Well done :D

ggrigioni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ggrigioni Posted 5 May 2014 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by howsweet 

Very pretty display! I like your idea, but wonder if some guests wouldn't take the cupcake from the guide. Might have to glue them down. I usually don't use two cupcakes of the same color, which solves the problem, but doesn't allow as much choice for flavor.  Well done :D

I didn't even think of someone taking it off of the guide :-(.  Now I really need a better option!  thanks for the kind words 

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 5 May 2014 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 4

Your display is quite attractive! With multiple flavors I make sure to have a different color for each flavor, and this includes the paper cups as well as the icing, so for each flavor the cup and icing are the same. And I try to stick with colors that are intuitive. Yellow for lemon, white for vanilla, etc. I also place on the table a little explanatory flavor chart.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%