Piping Gold & Silver Recipe

Decorating By MrsMissey Updated 16 Feb 2014 , 5:21am by redgbee

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 9:15pm
post #31 of 39

Thanks so much, I've make silver BC before, but I'm sure this would be shinny and alot easier.

Rendee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rendee Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 5:00am
post #32 of 39

Has anyone tried putting gold luster dust directly into white buttercream?? Would that give the shiny gold look??? I'm doing a Bible cake and need gold for my writing. icon_smile.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 7:55am
post #33 of 39

thanks a bunch for sharing!! icon_biggrin.gif

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 8:25am
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by janethorp

Please clarify is that gold or silver dust, ? And is the clear alcohol like lemon extract or gin or vodka.
Just wondering!

Yes, the clear alcohol would be gin or vodka, because they dry rather quickly, and/or lemon extract can be used if you aren't in a hurry for it to dry, but I think I read somewhere this doesn't actually dry up.

icon_smile.gif

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 8:28am
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by melysa

i think it is by wilton.

Yup, it's by Wilton. I just saw some the other day. I was tempted to buy it just to see how bad the taste is. tapedshut.gif Just kidding.. I would have bought some, but right now I just don't have a use for it, so I couldn't talk myself into it.

If anyone's tried it, please let me know if it's good. If it's as pretty as the pictures, and if it actually does taste halfway decent, for those people that will insist on eating it. icon_smile.gif It would be good to grab when you're in a pinch and don't have time to order a color you're missing, but thought you had plenty of. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks,

Holly

shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 1:11pm
post #36 of 39

I used this recipe on a wedding cake I did. It will not crust. I used clear vanilla instead of alcohol. You can add up to 3x the piping gel to extend it and still look silvery. The cake I did is in my pics

PreciousP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PreciousP Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 11:54pm
post #37 of 39

So thankful for this recipe, I am cutting my teeth on a 50th birthday cake next week and completely freaking out about the scroll work!!!

eatcravelove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatcravelove Posted 16 Feb 2014 , 5:00am
post #38 of 39

AHi all, I tried this piping gel recipe 2 weeks ago on a lavender smbc wedding cake that I needed to do silver scrolls on. It worked ok at first but melted at the reception. I guess that the rainy, humid Florida winter weather had something to do with it but I won't be using it again. The reception was indoors and the a/c was on but the cake table was near a door that led to a patio so I imagine it was opened alot. There's a pic of the cake in my pictures to see the silver color.

redgbee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redgbee Posted 16 Feb 2014 , 5:21am
post #39 of 39

Athank you MrsMissy and thank you for cllarifying luster and shimmer dust. thi site is addicting! before i sleep, at work breaks, before sleeping, upon waking up.. more time spending at this site than going FB. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%