Have You Ever Sent A Kitchenaid Mixer Back To Company For Repair?

Decorating By kimkake Updated 29 Apr 2014 , 5:52pm by rjcakes

kimkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkake Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 8

Looking for opinions from anyone who has ever sent a KitchenAid Mixer back to the company for repair.  Wondering if it is worth the expense?   They charge about $30 for the "kit" to send it back to the company, which includes a shipping label and the box to ship it in - and then the cost of repair.  Has anyone done this before and feel like it was worth the expense to save their mixer??  Thanks!

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 8

yes i have--sorta

the first time it was still in warranty so they just sent me a new mixer and i sent the broken one back to them in the same packaging--- it was easy and great--

then one time i got the paddle replaced for free 'cause the white coating had chipped off--

then my last encounter was by far the most memorable--

i had wanted to get my almost 40 year old ka refurbished to give to my sweet nephew who had selflessly helped me make my daughter's wedding cake--but i learned that i could use it in trade for a newer refurbished one that still had some tread on it--ka's have a life expectancy of like 20-30 years--who knew right -- so i got like $40 for my old one and i just bought him a beautiful black caviar one--the black with the little subtle sparkly flecks in the finish--breathtaking--

was a great deal--well under $200 for a warranted ka--free shipping out to him ( i had to pay to get my old one there) but he has one now that will last a long long time and i think the ka company is great--

if anyone is interested in a refurbished one you can get it from kitchen aid experience--i guess it's their store there in greenville oh

-K8memphis Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 8

so i guess i sent them back for replacement and not for repair but a tremendous company imo

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 8

Call the KA manufacturer and ask them where the closest repair center is to you. Take it there, have it fixed and pick it up when it's ready. Faster and less expensive than shipping it out. That's what I did and I had mine back in less than a week. It was out of warranty and I had to pay $60 for the repairs but it was still better than shipping it out.

kimkake Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for your responses!   I was told there is not a place that can repair them anywhere in the state of Wisconsin  - so I have to send it in.   They also told me I cannot trade any of my mixers in (I have 3 Kitchenaid mixers sitting here not working)    And they were actually not friendly at all to me when I called in, she was very argumentative and told me it's my fault my mixer doesn't work.   I didn't even tell her the speed I was using and she told me I'm mixing it on too high of a speed and I don't have to mix my items as long as I am.    I tried to explain the frosting making process (Sharon Zambito's recipe) and they told me basically I was crazy and to never mix frosting for 9-10 minutes.    I have been making wedding cakes for 10 years,  and I have many many KitchenAid items in my kitchen....just kind of disappointed in the service I received from a company that I used to love so much!

-K8memphis Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 8

i got conflicting information about trading in mixers--one said yes one said no and eventually it happened through the store"ka experience" but it was back & forth for a while-- the shipping eats up some of the trade in money but because it was for my nephew i got it done-- idk i hope you get some satisfaction

kimkake Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you K8memphis!  :) 

I think I have decided to send my current 6 quart in for repair....and order a new 8 quart commercial mixer direct from Webstaurant.    The KitchenAid service actually recommended that's where I order from for the best price.   

rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 5:52pm
post #8 of 8

Hi,

My Kitchenaid is on a rolling cart and one time I accidentally hit the molding in the floor the wrong way and my mixer flew off the cart and hit the floor. The result was the bowl was dented so it wouldn't sit in the little groove in back. I was so mad at myself!! There was no place convenient for me to get it fixed so I called and got the box and shipped it back and they were great - came back good as new. For me, it was well worth the money! (and now I have a box in case I ever need to ship it anywhere!)

HTH!

RJ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%