Fondant And Whipped Cream

Decorating By adoo67 Updated 21 Nov 2014 , 4:41pm by Imlearning

adoo67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adoo67 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 7:46am
post #1 of 21

I know that everyone in this site says that you can not use whipped cream under fondant,but here in my region whipped cream is very popular and i can say there is no such thing like buttercream ,once i made it with wilton recipe but i can say nobody likes it!!!:(

i have used a thin layer of whipped cream as fondant cover in my one tier cakes but i never dare to use in my 2 or 3 tiered cakes.by the way,whipped cream is premade commercial product here and it only needs whipping and in my opinion( no offense to bc lovers)it is much delicious than bc!

the question is can i make it more stable to hold fondant in big cake?and will fondant melt over whipped cream icing?

thank you

20 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 7:55am
post #2 of 21

AI don't think it would work? Have you tried meringue buttercreams? It's got a very silky texture and isn't overwhelmingly sweet. I would google Swiss meringue butter cream and italian meringue buttercream to get some recipes and try some

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 8:00am
post #3 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by adoo67 

I know that everyone in this site says that you can not use whipped cream under fondant,but here in my region whipped cream is very popular and i can say there is no such thing like buttercream ,once i made it with wilton recipe but i can say nobody likes it!!!:(

i have used a thin layer of whipped cream as fondant cover in my one tier cakes but i never dare to use in my 2 or 3 tiered cakes.by the way,whipped cream is premade commercial product here and it only needs whipping and in my opinion( no offense to bc lovers)it is much delicious than bc!

the question is can i make it more stable to hold fondant in big cake?and will fondant melt over whipped cream icing?

thank you

Why don't you try making buttercream out of actual butter? Have you tried that? the wilton recipe is not buttercream..it's sugar and crisco- pretty gross. 

Look up an italian meringue buttercream or swiss meringue buttercream recipe on youtube or something and try that. 

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 8:41am
post #4 of 21

I put fondant flowers on whipped cream once....... lesson learnt....... the flowers melted away and the colours ran all over the place in about an hour. Not something I look forward to trying again.

adoo67 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 10:13am
post #5 of 21

AI made it with half butter half grisco.i think it's only about how people are used to eat.we are definately not used to buttercream.i'll try making it with something else and I will let you know what is the result. Thank you for your advises

saman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saman Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 10:23am
post #6 of 21

AHeyyy i use whipped cream (non dairy) and it turns out awesome n tastes great too

adoo67 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 10:28am
post #7 of 21

ACan you please tell me how?and which brand do you use?

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 1:18pm
post #8 of 21

Quote:

Originally Posted by saman 

Heyyy i use whipped cream (non dairy) and it turns out awesome n tastes great too

Ok so now I am curious, how can whipped cream be non - dairy?

Gingerlocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingerlocks Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 1:37pm
post #9 of 21

Try this recipe..its a hybrid between "butter cream" (Crisco) and whipped cream, I used it under fondant and not had problems.

• 2 Cups Shortening
  • 8 Cups Powdered Sugar
  • 7 oz. Heavy Whipping Cream

Cream together in that order, and you have a nice velvety, yet stable butter cream.

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 6:22pm
post #10 of 21

I'm confused. Where I come from in the States, whipped cream is taking the cream that separates from milk (and is available in cartons in the grocery store next to the milks) and whipping it, adding perhaps a tiny bit of sugar and a tiny bit of vanilla.

Non-dairy whipped cream is an oxymoron; if it is cream, it is not non-dairy.

Non-dairy whipped toppings (Bettercreme, Frostin' Pride, Cool Whip, etc.), to my knowledge, are artificial, simulating whipped cream with various oils, lethicin, water, soy protein, carabohydratae gum, etc..

adoo67 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 7:08pm
post #11 of 21

AYes,i'm curious too.this is picture of confectionary whipped cream here: [ATTACHMENT=1652]DSC_0243.jpg (1,005k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT] [ATTACHMENT=1653]DSC_0242.jpg (790k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT] [ATTACHMENT=1654]DSC_0241.jpg (810k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Marielly Rabelo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marielly Rabelo Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 7:58pm
post #12 of 21

ola ...como faco para comprar bolo de voces?

adoo67 Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 8:19pm
post #13 of 21

AHi,i'm sorry I don't speak your language!

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 8:38pm
post #14 of 21

I am not familiar with products available in Iran. Hope you find what you need.

adoo67 Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 2:58am
post #15 of 21

dear pastrypet i know nobody here is familiar with my country products i just wanted you to know how whipped cream is different here.and i'm still looking for something delicious for covering with fondant that is available here:(.

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 3:02am
post #16 of 21

AHow about a thin layer of jam?

Sammy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sammy09 Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 4:03am
post #17 of 21

ARose Beranbaum has a super stabilized whipped cream recipe on her blog great for piping. I hope I helped.

adoo67 Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 4:40am
post #18 of 21

would jam be good for tiered cakes and would it stay for a long time?

adoo67 Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 4:43am
post #19 of 21

Dear Sammy09, my whipped cream stays really fine for piping and frosting my main problem is how to make is more table as a fondant icing!

saman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saman Posted 30 Apr 2014 , 7:33pm
post #20 of 21

ASorry for getting bak so late. tge whipped cream i use is Golden Peak non dairy whipping cream. u can google it. it must be having itz distributers in your country too i am sure.

Imlearning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Imlearning Posted 21 Nov 2014 , 4:41pm
post #21 of 21

Hi! Would this hybrid buttercream bleed colors?  I've used stabilized homemade whipped cream before with black and white and the black bled a little.   I need to make a checkered pattern in black and white and don't want the black color to bleed into the white :-/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%