Question About A Stand Mixer.

Decorating By Eurud Updated 28 Apr 2014 , 11:26pm by enga

Eurud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eurud Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 12:07am
post #1 of 11

So I bought one of these;

And I have no experience with these type of mixers. I usually just use a hand mixer, since I mostly bake small portions of Cupcakes. Anyway.

So I started making some cookies. And I was suppose to start with 225Grams butter. (8 Oz)

Problem was. When I started mixing it, the butter ended up being stuck to the bottom of the bowl. And the mixer itself didnt even reach it. I assume it is because I didnt have a whole lot of butter to begin with. But I just wanted to know it its normal that the mixer doesnt mix the ingredients well unless its a big dough? Or lots of ingredients?

Any thoughts would help me out. Im just worried my mixer might not be as good as some of the others on the market in the same price range. :)

Thanks

10 replies
Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 12:31am
post #2 of 11

It might be this mixers problem. I have Kitchen Aid Astisan model it`s 5 qt. its great for small quantities.

Can you return this mixer and buy kitchen aid 5 qt. size instead?

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 12:33am
post #3 of 11

It looks beautiful!! What size is your bowl? You should be fine; just make sure you use the right attachments. And read the mixer's Use & Care manual for how-to's. Also look at their recipe sizes for ingredient quantity. Enjoy your new toy!

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 12:46am
post #4 of 11

I wouldn't return that puppy just yet, it is a very powerful mixer. Love the sleek design!

I really like this one (wipes drool)!

http://www.chinanordica.com/?Proudcts/Page109/Product113/266.html

enga Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 1:37am
post #5 of 11

Sorry I looked everywhere Eurud and couldn't find a review on your mixer in English :(

I saw a review on best mixers to buy.

Eurud Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 10:39pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks. I love the design. The bowl is 6.7 liters. I did decide to return it tho, and just buy a really good handmixer instead. I only bake cakes and cupcakes. And I think a good handmixer will be better for me.

FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 10:45pm
post #7 of 11

For future reference, the height of the attachment can usually be adjusted. I can't imagine going back to mixing anything by hand-- it sucks up time and is very limiting in what you can do. 

Eurud Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 10:51pm
post #8 of 11

Thats what I was thinking. That it would save me time buying a stand mixer. But when it doesnt mix the ingredients at the bottom of the bowl. Then I have to waste a lot of time by mixing it by hand in between. So then I might as well buy a hand mixer, that mixes everything the first time around.

enga Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 11:13pm
post #9 of 11

Well that's good Eurud, you have to get what works out best for you in the end. I have 2 KAs, a classic and one from circa 1955 with a glass bowl.  I found both of them putzing around at different thrift stores on weekends. I really liked the style of the mixer you had but that line is way out of my pay scale, lol.

But hey, I'm attracted to anything shiny black  and trimmed in chrome :lol:

FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 11:20pm
post #10 of 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by enga 

Well that's good Eurud, you have to get what works out best for you in the end. I have 2 KAs, a classic and one from circa 1955 with a glass bowl.  I found both of them putzing around at different thrift stores on weekends. I really liked the style of the mixer you had but that line is way out of my pay scale, lol.

Darth Vader?? :grin:

enga Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 11:26pm
post #11 of 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by FioreCakes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by enga 

Darth Vader?? :grin:

LMBO! Eh.....maybe, he was kind of tall. (Loud breathing sounds in between words)...I AM........THE.......MAN.....FOR..... YOU......ENGA!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%