Chocolate Transfer Sheets

Decorating By Louise1980 Updated 24 Apr 2014 , 1:27am by Louise1980

Louise1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Louise1980 Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 12:02am
post #1 of 5

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone whose used chocolate transfer sheets knows what ink is used? I have an edible printing machine and would like to expand into chocolate transfers but can't find anywhere on the internet that says what ink is used? Can I just use my normal edible ink I use on my frosting sheets or does it have to be a different type of ink?

4 replies
maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 1:08am
post #2 of 5

Chocolate transfer sheets are exactly that--a fine film of tempered chocolate printed onto acetate. 

They can be done by a silk screening process or by using a specialized machine that can keep chocolate in temper while spraying it.

No printer that prints edible inks on icing sheets will also make chocolate transfer sheets.

Louise1980 Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 1:13am
post #3 of 5

awesome so I can just buy the blank chocolate transfer sheets and then print straight onto them using my edible ink that I use on my frosting sheets?

Thanks so much for replying - it gets so confusing as to what can be printed, I had a lady tell me I needed to buy a separate printer and get a special ink that uses cocoa butter? I thought I would check :D

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 1:23am
post #4 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louise1980 

awesome so I can just buy the blank chocolate transfer sheets and then print straight onto them using my edible ink that I use on my frosting sheets?

Thanks so much for replying - it gets so confusing as to what can be printed, I had a lady tell me I needed to buy a separate printer and get a special ink that uses cocoa butter? I thought I would check :D

No, you CANNOT use your edible ink printer.

I said the same thing "the lady" told you.  I misspoke when I said "tempered chocolate", as it is actually tempered colored cocoa butter, and it does require separate, specialized equipment:

http://deco.uk.com/printers/

Louise1980 Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 1:27am
post #5 of 5

oh ok thank you for clearing that up :D will have to have a look into it and thank you for providing the link :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%