Help!!! I Can't Find My Recipe

Baking By JDreamstar Updated 23 Apr 2014 , 3:28pm by -K8memphis

JDreamstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JDreamstar Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 1:12am
post #1 of 2

I haven't made a cake in a while and I need to make a pirate ship cake for this weekend, only problem is I can't find the recipe that I have used in the past to make cakes that I have carved. I don't want to use just any recipe off the internet, I would like one that I know people have used and taste good. I would prefer a vanilla cake. Does anyone have a good recipe that they use?

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Apr 2014 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 2

i prefer to use wasc for sculptures because i can whip it in & out the fridge without problems--it comes back to room temp nice & soft--i use self rising flour in mine

but i also love a cold oven pound cake--3 cups flour & sugar, 6 eggs, cup of cream and butter, good shot of vanilla--bake in a cold oven, ie. not pre-heated, 350 degrees 70 mins-- you can google this to find more results and specific directions--there's some cold oven recipes with cream cheese too but i love the one with cream--it's just pure and rich and straight up good--if you use cake flour it's a finer crumb if you use all purpose it's a bit heartier--i usually use the latter--i would bake this in loaf pans to get it to work for a pirate ship--i would not use like a 9x13 or something that has a wide expanse--narrow cake works best with this formula--

best baking  to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%