Bridal Shower Cake

Lounge By KateandShiloh Updated 19 Apr 2014 , 3:30am by KateandShiloh

KateandShiloh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateandShiloh Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 4

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this so bare with me for a moment. I want to make a bridal shower cake in the shape of a wedding dress. There are so many beautiful examples out there! Here's my problem. I am great with buttercream, but I have never done anything with fondant. Is there a way to make this cake with buttercream and not use fondant for the dress? I realize I will have to use it for the torso, but I'd like to do the dress in buttercream. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

Kate

3 replies
savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 4

Maybe if you show a picture of what you might like to do, CCers could better be able to answer you question...Is it a 3D cake? a flat cake? what did you have in mind...I don't know why you wouldn't be able to do either in butter cream.

Nic Fury Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nic Fury Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, please share an example of what it is that you'd like to make.

KateandShiloh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateandShiloh Posted 19 Apr 2014 , 3:30am
post #4 of 4

This is what I'd like to do, but in buttercream:

http://djiqd110ru30i.cloudfront.net/upload/681285/project/59353/full_2105_59353_WeddingDressCake_1.jpg

I was doing some general drawings and was thinking I could use the Wilton Doll Cake pan set normally for the cake (obviously) and then just pipe using Tip 1M for a nice swirl, like I do with cupcakes. But I'd like a smaller tip for smaller swirly roses I think. What do you think about that? 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%