Madeira Cake Disaster

Decorating By chocolattiaz Updated 4 May 2014 , 10:36am by jessiecakes1983

chocolattiaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolattiaz Posted 17 Apr 2014 , 12:56am
post #1 of 2

AHi everyone

Plz can someone help me I'm making a four tier wedding cake and one of the cakes for one of the tiers looks a brownish colour and the other one is in the oven but it has bubbles on the top of it. I've put a knife through it and it comes out clean but very greasy now I dnt understand have I done something wrong

1 reply
jessiecakes1983 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessiecakes1983 Posted 4 May 2014 , 10:36am
post #2 of 2

AHi Chocolattiaz,

The reason why the brown one has gone that way would be because the oven was too hot or if it was over-baked without realizing. What recipe did you use if you don't mind me asking? Because the reason for those air bubbles could be a few reasons 1. the mixture was under-mixed when you added the flour. 2. If the mixture is too dry it will tend to contain pockets of air instead of the air being distributed throughout the mixture or 3. If the flour and raising agent were not sifted in or mixed together properly. Please don't be deflated, what flavors have you got for each tier? I always put parchment underneath the mixture so it doesn't burn and use Wilton'sBake Easy spray, leave it ten mins and then put it on a wire rack to cool :D jess x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%