Prayers Please~

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 21 Sep 2005 , 8:27am by tcturtleshell

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 2:24am
post #1 of 32

I was hoping that my family from CC would say a quick prayer for me. I've had a migraine for 3 days. I've also had a bad crick in my neck that has gone into my shoulder & back. I have been in a lot of pain. I'm sure it has to do with the polineuropathy. Hubby is taking me to the dr. tomorrow. He said he's going to tell the dr. to "put me out of the pasture" icon_lol.gif I just want some relief!! Thanks for your prayers!! OH... our 19 wedding anniversary is tomorrow!! WOW!!! I can't believe it!!

31 replies
crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 2:30am
post #2 of 32

tcturtleshell I am so sorry to hear that you have been feeling so bad..I will keep you in my prayers .Hope you will be feeling better soon . Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Hugssss
Liz

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 2:30am
post #3 of 32

TC, so sorry to hear about your migraine. Of course will say a prayer for your healing.

Have you tried taking MSM? It is a supplement and does not interfere with any medications, to my knowledge. It has worked wonders for my migraines and other people's I know, as well.

Blessings.

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 2:31am
post #4 of 32

19 years?!?!?! No wonder you're in pain! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You're celebrating your anniversary & my mom is celebrating her birthday tomorrow! Happy Anniversary!

You'll be in my prayers tonight. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Ali

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 2:47am
post #5 of 32

TC with all your hard work to helping others recently I know your body is just trying to tell you to rest. You'll be in my prayers tonight. Good luck with the Dr. tommorrow

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:10am
post #6 of 32

Wishing You Both a Happy Anniversary icon_wink.gif
I hope you feel better real soon> thumbs_up.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:11am
post #7 of 32

Thanks guys! Ali, your too funny! You made me laugh!! Thanks~

Newtodecorating... You know what... It might be my nerves that brought this one on... I never know how stressed out I am until I get a migraine. I always do what I have too & then one day I just hit bottom.

Cyndi... I take trazadone as a preventive every night before I go to bed. It usually works until I've been under a lot of stress. What is MSM? Never heard of it.

Liz... you are as sweet as you always are!! What a lovely person you are! Thanks!

I'll keep ya'll posted. Thanks!!!

tcturtleshell Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:12am
post #8 of 32

Thanks Mvigil!!

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:17am
post #9 of 32

I am sure that you have been so busy taking care of everyone else and worrying about everyone that you forgot to take care of yourself. I get migraines sometimes though not as often as I used to. I know how miserable they can be.

Try to rest, good luck with the doctor tomorrow and my prayers are with you.

Cindy

p.s. As soon as you feel like it let us know what the doctor says.

tcturtleshell Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:26am
post #10 of 32

Thanks Cindy, you are so sweet! I can usually sleep my migraine away when I don't get the "headache" with it. I usually just get the numbness, dizziness, slurred speech, seeing spots & the normal stuff everyone else gets. The headaches haven't been included for a long time. This time it has really kicked me! The headache has gotten better tonight but I know once I lay down the pounding will start again. Ahh!!!

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:31am
post #11 of 32

Putting an ice pack on the back of my neck and the base of my skull always helps the headache part for me. It won't hurt to try.

Cindy

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:33am
post #12 of 32

TC you gotta de-stress girlie!! I hope your migraine goes away and the doctor can give you something to help out... I'll be remembering you in my prayers .. take care and keep us updated on how you're doing...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!

meandmine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meandmine Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:34am
post #13 of 32

dear t c you are in my prayers i know how bad they can be. you must take care of yourself so you can go on making those beautiful cakes and giving good advice happy anniversary pray that you have a good night rest.

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:34am
post #14 of 32

You are in my prayers. Please take some time off from your super woman job ok!!!!!!! You need a vacation. Tell hubby you are on vacation for 2 weeks make him responsible for cleaning and cooking and you do nothing.
Get some rest and please please please take care of your self.

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:40am
post #15 of 32

[quote="crp7"]I am sure that you have been so busy taking care of everyone else and worrying about everyone that you forgot to take care of yourself.

icon_surprised.gif I think we are all guilty of this one icon_redface.gif

We need to put ourselves on the list too!
How about on the way top icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

MominSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MominSC Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:45am
post #16 of 32

Aww TC....I am so sorry you are going thru so much pain and I will be keeping you in prayer...just remember "By His stripes we are healed" !! thumbs_up.gif Congrats on the anniversary!! Keep us posted and let us know how you are doing!!

Hugs,
Beth

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 7:27am
post #17 of 32

Hi TC, wondered where you had been...should have known you weren't feeling well. Sure hope you can get rid of the pain soon! You are surely stressed over having "guests" for too long, I understand that a lot of good-hearted people are having this problem. Who knew the "visitors" would wind up staying indefinitely?

Anyway, get to feeling better real soon! We miss you! Janice

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 11:35am
post #18 of 32

tc, hope your doctors visit goes well and it sounds like you need a second honeymoon to de-stress. Praying for you today that you feel better real soonicon_smile.gif

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 1:26pm
post #19 of 32

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!!!

Much happiness to you and your hubby Turtleshell !

I hope you are feeling better today and can enjoy the day.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 1:47pm
post #20 of 32

Hi tc,

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Good luck at the doctor and please keep us posted.

Happy 19th anniversary and many more to come.

marv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marv Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 1:53pm
post #21 of 32

hi TC! I hope your visit to the doctor went well. It must be caused by too much stress...take it easy and give yourself time to rest! I'll include you in my prayers.

BTW, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY too!! BEST of LUCK to both of you!!

Marv icon_smile.gif

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:02pm
post #22 of 32

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND TC!! I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER REAL SOON , YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS.
MAXIE

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:15pm
post #23 of 32

Hi Tina,

You take care of yourself, girl! You've been so busy worrying about other folks (not that there's anything wrong with that), and you may have overdone it!

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH.

Your British buddy, Barbara icon_smile.gif

godsgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
godsgrace Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 3:39pm
post #24 of 32

I'm so sorry you feel so bad! We will pray for God's healing hand to touch you. Tommarow night we will annoint at church, I will have someone sit in for you. <<<<hugs>>>>

tcturtleshell Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 9:04pm
post #25 of 32

Hey Friends,

Thanks everyone for your prayers. Here's my update...
When my Dr. walked into the room the first thing he said was,"Did you have a big wedding cake & groom's cake this weekend? How many cakes did you have this weekend?" icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif When I said NONE he was shocked! I've been to him after I've decorated too many cakes at once. He always gets on to me about that! icon_rolleyes.gif

The whole thing started with the crick in my neck, then the migraine came. Dr. said it was from the pressure of the crick. Then the crick moved into my shoulder & back. Now I'm full of inflammation! That's why I have all this pain & swelling. I've been having these problems for about 5 years now. It's not arthritis, they tested me on that. I just have high level of B-12 which is protein, which is inflammation. I think that's how to explain it. But I don't have arthritis. Go figure.

Anyway... Dr. put me on toradol & prednisone. He usually give me a shot but he said that was just fixing it too fast. I needed to be on steriods for a few days. So that's my story & I'm sticking to it.

I learned something today from BJFranco's post about the hurricane. You gotta stay positive about everything in your life. I'm going to try BJ!!! I promise!!

Thanks for the prayers my CC friends!!! Thanks!!

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 10:39pm
post #26 of 32

Hey TC,
Sorry to hear about your migraine. It's good to hear that your doctor is taking ood care of you!!
This world has become so fast-paced that we never get to enjoy it. I guess sometimes God has a weird way of telling us to slow down!!! icon_biggrin.gif Congratulations on your anniversary. I wish you many many more birthday.gif

Daniela

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 10:40pm
post #27 of 32

icon_redface.gif I meant GOOD care of you, not OOD care of you icon_lol.gif

jenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenie Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 10:57pm
post #28 of 32

Hey TC,

Sorry for a late response icon_sad.gif I hope you feel better by this time icon_smile.gif Anyways, You are in my prayers. Happy Anniversary to you and to your husband. Try to get a lot of rest icon_smile.gif

Jen

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 11:36pm
post #29 of 32

TC hope the pred kicks in soon. Strange how steroids seem to help EVERYTHING from muscles to ashma but can be bad for us too. Remember a side effect can be the munchies/thirst. Drink plunty of fluids with it and rest PLEASE. The world needs more people like you in it, so take care of yourself.

Annalisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annalisa Posted 20 Sep 2005 , 11:52pm
post #30 of 32

I know what you are going through, take it easyand relax and I hope you will feel better soon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%