I Have A New Website

Business By flourgrl Updated 29 Jan 2007 , 12:57am by flourgrl

flourgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgrl Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:17am
post #1 of 45

Hello everyone

Just wanted to let you all know that I finally have my new website up and running.

Please take a moment to visit it and let me know your thoughts.
If you see any errors, encounter any problems, etc, please let me know that too!

Thanks

www.flourconfections.ca

44 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 1:53am
post #2 of 45

Looks terrific, but I dont get the thumbnail on the giant cupcake

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:05am
post #3 of 45

Nice web site I like the way you worded things and not to long simple and easy to acess.

cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:10am
post #4 of 45

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Oh my god your cakes are so beautiful, that sculpted coffee cake made me want to go to starbucks icon_biggrin.gif and you did a very good job on your website too thumbs_up.gif

loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:11am
post #5 of 45

nice website. Everything looks pretty however, it would be more convenient if the thumbnail window is up to the right rather than at the bottom. B/c then you keep having to scroll down to see the picture instead of seeing on the right nexts to all the little thumbnail pictures if you understand what I mean. Just an opinion from me =)

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:13am
post #6 of 45

Looks Awesome.....Great website and great cakes!!

I saw the no thumbnail on the Giant Cupcake cake...and on your first cookies page...the word snowflakes is spelled wrong. Just to let you know...But, really really great site!!

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:14am
post #7 of 45

beautiful nice jobs

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:19am
post #8 of 45

Wow, great website, I love it!!! So professional and easy to browse! Congratulations!

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:31am
post #9 of 45

Wow you are amazing. Your site is beautiful, and I have added it into my favorites! Thanks for sharing it with us!-Alison

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:35am
post #10 of 45

Your cakes are elegant and gorgeous...nice website also.

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:37am
post #11 of 45

WOW!!! icon_eek.gif I hope someday my cakes will look as beautiful as yours!!!

I think your website is great. The only thing I would say is...well, when you click on the thumbnails & it shows the cake in a bigger picture - I would make that picture bigger. Sometimes you can't really see all the detail in your gorgeous cakes. Oh, and on some of the cakes pictures, you don't even see the whole cake...just a part of it (& I didn't really like that). But those are just MINOR things! You did a great job!

thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:37am
post #12 of 45

Superb site. Very professional and well-organized. Bravo.

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:42am
post #13 of 45

beautiful work lovely site!!

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:45am
post #14 of 45

Very beautiful website!!! Love the pink color and flower logo. Very easy to access and follow.

Your cakes are amazing! Congrats!

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:49am
post #15 of 45

Really cool site!! thumbs_up.gif

flourgrl Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:21am
post #16 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula40

Looks terrific, but I dont get the thumbnail on the giant cupcake

thanks - sent that one to the designer already!

flourgrl Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:23am
post #17 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveqm

nice website. Everything looks pretty however, it would be more convenient if the thumbnail window is up to the right rather than at the bottom. B/c then you keep having to scroll down to see the picture instead of seeing on the right nexts to all the little thumbnail pictures if you understand what I mean. Just an opinion from me =)

I'm sorry, I don't quite get what you mean exactly?? icon_confused.gif

flourgrl Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:24am
post #18 of 45

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks and great feedback!

LisaMaeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMaeCakes Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:33am
post #19 of 45

Hi Lisa, I'm really impressed. I added to my favorites!! Good luck

BTW, I'm partial to Canadians...I'm married to one!!

Lisa
in Georgia

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:56am
post #20 of 45

flourgrl, I had the same problem as loveqm. I couldn't see all the little thumbnails when I was looking at the bigger cake. I had to scroll up click a thumbnail and then scroll down to see it. It got a little annoying so I didn't look through all the cakes. It's a minor problem though. The site looks great and very professional. Congrats!

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:08am
post #21 of 45

Hey flourgrl,
Your website is great. I noticed the same mistakes that have already been mentioned. Other than that and the other suggestions I think it looks really good.
Bradymom

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:09am
post #22 of 45

I loved the site. Weren't you at Cake Camp in Colette's class? I seem to remember one of your cakes at that class. I believe it was the Michaelangelo class. It's the cake with all the metalic (copper and green) painting. It came out great!

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:23am
post #23 of 45

Hi Lisa,

I love your site and your cakes are gorgeous!!

However I agree with the comments about the thumbnail picture being moved. I wanted to look at everything but it did get tiring to have scroll down the screen to see the larger photo. What if instead of having three rows of four pictures you made it four rows of three pictures? Then you would have room for the larger photo to appear to the right of the little pictures. Other than that I love your site!

Kathi

flourgrl Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:27am
post #24 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

flourgrl, I had the same problem as loveqm. I couldn't see all the little thumbnails when I was looking at the bigger cake. I had to scroll up click a thumbnail and then scroll down to see it. It got a little annoying so I didn't look through all the cakes. It's a minor problem though. The site looks great and very professional. Congrats!

For those of you experiencing this problem with scrolling, can you please inform me as to which browser you are using?
I don't have any scroll bars what so ever, and I asked the site to be designed in such a manner that no matter who was looking at it, on whatever browser, there were never to be any scroll bars.
So I'm wondering if we missed something?
If you would be so kind as to tell me this information so that I can pass it along to my webdesigner.
Thanks!

flourgrl Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:28am
post #25 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetflowers

I loved the site. Weren't you at Cake Camp in Colette's class? I seem to remember one of your cakes at that class. I believe it was the Michaelangelo class. It's the cake with all the metalic (copper and green) painting. It came out great!

Thanks Yes you are correct, I was at Camp and I did do the Michaelangelo class.
Who were you??

sweetflowers Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:31am
post #26 of 45

I was just at the other side in the back (last row), but I walked around a bit. And I got quite a few pictures of the other cakes. I think I have one of yours for sure!

flourgrl Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:35am
post #27 of 45

Sweetflowers - I must say that I love your Bas Relief Japanese woman! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It's so amazing

sweetflowers Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:40am
post #28 of 45

Gosh, thanks icon_redface.gif I must say I've been admiring your avatar for quite a while. I'm so glad you've got it on the site so I can see it bigger, along with your other work! Very beautiful

pinkyEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkyEm Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 5:10am
post #29 of 45

I really like the website. It is simple but nice and very user friendly and that's the best kind of website. Easy to find everything. I'm not having to scroll when looking at the cakes and I'm on IE 7.0. (Unless I'm late and you already fixed that.) Overall, it's a website I don't mind clicking around on because it is very organzied. Very Very nice. Congrats on it! icon_smile.gif

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 5:19am
post #30 of 45

I think the website looks every bit as professional and classy as do your cakes! Great job, you should be proud. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%