Recommendations For Supply Stores Or Online Purchasing

Decorating By MelodiaCakes Updated 14 Apr 2014 , 1:24pm by kellyk1234

MelodiaCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelodiaCakes Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 14

Hello,

I am a new member and have really enjoyed my new hobby of cake decorating. I took classes last year at a "box store" and now decorate all the time for holidays and family birthdays. I've been searching, seemingly in vain, for a cake supply store near me. I live in northern IL and can't seem to find anything that's closer than two hours!

After reading through this forum, it seems like everyone is very knowledgeable and I was hoping you might have a recommended online retailer or brand, since I'm only familiar with what is sold at major crafting stores. Or is there some sort of "cake supply store directory?" (lol, probably not but that would be amazing! :) ) I've tried so many online searches and always come up empty!

My apologies if this has been discussed many times- I did a search in the forums and didn't see anything from this topic that was recently discussed. Still new, still trying to navigate properly! :) Thank you!

13 replies
kellyk1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyk1234 Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 14

AFor boxes and cake boards I like brpboxshop.com. They have free shipping. You should also check out globalsugarart.com, oasissupply.com, or even ebay and amazon. Hope this helps! :)

travmand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travmand Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 14

I second brpboxshop and oasissupply.  Also...Sweet Pans Shoppe is close to the Rockford Airport...are you anywhere near there?  Small place....lots to chose from.

MelodiaCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelodiaCakes Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 2:25am
post #4 of 14

Thank you both for the ideas! I'm not that close to Rockford but could definitely head there on a Saturday or something. :) I've never heard of either of those vendors so I'm happy for the replies.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 2:33am
post #5 of 14

s u g a r c r a f t , Inc, 513-896-7089 MAIL:       3665 Dixie hwy. - Hamilton, OH 45015

is that close to you for shipping purposes?

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 3:37am
post #6 of 14

A

Original message sent by MBalaska

s u g a r c r a f t , Inc, 513-896-7089 MAIL:       3665 Dixie hwy. - Hamilton, OH 45015 is that close to you for shipping purposes?

MB, edit your post quick, that name is banned here, and you'll get yourself into trouble mentioning it. Seriously, just don't even mention them to be safe. :(

MissNinis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissNinis Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 4:17am
post #7 of 14

8-OQuote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

MB, edit your post quick, that name is banned here, and you'll get yourself into trouble mentioning it. Seriously, just don't even mention them to be safe. icon_sad.gif

May I ask why is it banned? Or is that a BIG No-No

MissNinis Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 4:19am
post #8 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissNinis 

May I ask why is it banned? Or is that a BIG No-No

Just Curious.......and is there any other that are banned?? For future reference ;-)

AZCouture Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 4:20am
post #9 of 14

APretty sure it's just that one. You'd have to ask the site owner about why.

MissNinis Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 4:23am
post #10 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

Pretty sure it's just that one. You'd have to ask the site owner about why.

Ok thank you ;-) just wanna make sure I don't get into trouble ;-)

AZCouture Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 4:36am
post #11 of 14

ANothing to get in trouble over, you didn't know. ;)

It's the intentional spacing and wording the post to work around the block they have in place that gets trouble started. Ask me how I know...lol.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 6:19am
post #12 of 14

thanks AZ, I'll not mention it again, but I've been off line and out of edit.  thanks for the heads up.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 10:51am
post #13 of 14

Melodia you can get a lot of stuff on ebay.  I have also used Global Sugar Art,  Nicholas Lodge and Make your own Moulds in the states.

kellyk1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyk1234 Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 1:24pm
post #14 of 14

AYea eBay is great! I order my little plunger cutters and frill cutters on eBay from any China seller. The shipping is usually free, or maybe a couple dollars at most, and last time I ordered 2 plunger sets (each with 3 plungers), and 2 frill cutter sets (also each with 3-4 cutters), total was under $10!! With free shipping! Can't beat that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%