Using Pre-Made Gumpaste Flowers

Decorating By thelittlebakeryshop Updated 7 Apr 2014 , 3:55am by kakeladi

thelittlebakeryshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thelittlebakeryshop Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 12:39am
post #1 of 3

I am just wondering if using pre-made gumpaste flowers, like from Caljava, is an acceptable option for wedding cakes and decorating in general?  Does everyone make their own or buy them?  It is just so costly to make every single flower.  I also was watching Cake Boss and saw he opened a box from Caljava and airbrushed some flowers to put on a cake.  I have been making so many cakes lately and I do have some flowers from Caljava and wondering if other decorators are using them? 

Thanks, 

2 replies
Bakers Crush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakers Crush Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 3:44am
post #2 of 3

AI think if you are paying for example an employee $15/hour to make a flower and they make one or two flowers an hour it may be worth it to buy them for $20 for a few. We make our own because the flowers tend to be different every time and would get stuck with inventory we didnt use, but a good business decision is a good business decision. At the end your client is happy, right?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 3:55am
post #3 of 3

I see nothing wrong with using purchased flowers.  Here is a pic of one I did yrs ago using both hand made and purchased ones.  http://cakecentral.com/g/i/53839/a/54839/

Certain flowers I could pop out w/no problem others I never did master.  Sometimes we get so busy it's not possible to make as many as you might need for a good sized order.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%