Pricing Pies

Lounge By rubys cakes Updated 3 Apr 2014 , 6:20pm by rubys cakes

rubys cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rubys cakes Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 10

AHello, I recently was asked to bake pies for a local restaurant, I really don't know how to price them as a bulk. I normally sell them at 15.00 each because I make them all from scratch. Can someone help me please with this?

9 replies
JaniceBest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaniceBest Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 10

If your pies are $15 each, drop the price for restaurants. Think of how much business you will have. People who eat your pie in a restaurant will want to buy a whole pie from you. $10 or $12 should be enough. A friend of mine does this and is very busy. Don't let the bullys on here tell you different.

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 10

It is a great way to get your business out there. Who knows, they might start wanting more than pies.

rubys cakes Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 10

AThank you ladies for your help!

I will drop the price to 10.00 and see where that takes me... Once again thank you for your help!

enga Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 10

Don't price them too low. I'd say $11.00. May I ask what type of pies you make?

rubys cakes Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 9:54pm
post #6 of 10

AYes enga,

I make lemon merengue pie, coconut merengue pie, chocolate moose, These are the ones they asked me for but I also make cakes

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 10:51pm
post #7 of 10

A

Original message sent by JaniceBest

If your pies are $15 each, drop the price for restaurants. Think of how much business you will have. People who eat your pie in a restaurant will want to buy a whole pie from you. $10 or $12 should be enough. A friend of mine does this and is very busy. Don't let the bullys on here tell you different.

This is the second really bizarre thing I've read from you today. Are you trolling?

enga Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 11:00pm
post #8 of 10

All three of those sound delicious, lol. I was asking because the prices for some fruits and nuts can be so expensive. I cant believe that grapes are $3.99 a pound in my neck of the woods 8O

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 3 Apr 2014 , 5:42am
post #9 of 10

AWhy charge at all? Just think of all the business you'll have then! Seriously, figure out what it costs you for each pie and go from there. Buying ingredients wholesale in bulk may save you some money, but you'll be making more pies. You'll still be putting the time and effort in to making them. You will be using your oven more, utilities need to be factored in. Why not just sell the restaurant your retail price? They'll be charging by the slice, right? Probably at a MINIMUM of $4.50 per slice and possibly more. They'll make a nice profit. Don't sell yourself short. You decide what you need to make it worth your while.

rubys cakes Posted 3 Apr 2014 , 6:20pm
post #10 of 10

AThank you all for your help and suggestions, I will take all of them into consideration!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%