Fresh Berries In Buttercreaam?

Lounge By louisajayne Updated 3 Apr 2014 , 3:43am by klan30

louisajayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louisajayne Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 5

AHi, can any one help. Im wanting to put raspberries into my buttercream as a cake filling. Do i need to do anything with the fresh fruit first? To perserve or to last longer. Please help.

4 replies
rikzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rikzy Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 5

I try that last monday,theres still left today,and still okey if stayed in the fridge.

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 3 Apr 2014 , 12:50am
post #3 of 5

use pie filling works great

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 3 Apr 2014 , 1:14am
post #4 of 5

I make fresh fruit filling all the time. Strawberry, raspberry, pineapple, blueberry, etc. I usually  cook the filling. I chop up the fruit, add little sugar, little real lemon juice, and some cornstarch. I bring to lite boil, let boil 5 minutes, stirring the whole time, working in the c/s etc. take off stove. Let set up or put in fridge to cool. I make my buttercream of whatever kind of want to make(abc, imbc, smbc, etc.) I put that down first , then the filling. I also, will just chop up the fresh berries, add a little sugar. let set a little while. Then I drain them and use the berries in my fresh buttercream, whatever kind it is and us it that way for a filling also. hth. Like the other person said, also, you can chop the berries and use right in the buttercream. I do rinse berries in a colander, pat dry , etc. and go from there. I don,t want a lot of water in them, I like the sugar drawing out the juices, etc. I freeze in Tupperware bowl , what I have left over.Uuse another time.

klan30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klan30 Posted 3 Apr 2014 , 3:43am
post #5 of 5

I puree the fruit and then leave out the cream and just use the fruit as the liquid.  Might have to add a couple of tablespoons of the cream if it seems a bit thick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%